cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 7

petejackson
Grafter

Re: windows 7

Our Andy's put a quick guide to Win7 shortcuts into the Support Library.. check it out:
http://community.plus.net/library/windows/windows-7-shortcuts/
csogilvie
Grafter

Quote from: Axisofevil
I shall upgrade it over the internet and it will work.

Given that it's off topic for this thread, I won't delve on this point too much... but: You're doing better than me, every major distro upgrade of Ubuntu has left me fighting to get things working correctly again for at least 2-3 days after it.
Particularly the last one that changed the major Perl version (IIRC).
Anyway, back on topic:
Windows 7 Home Premium isntalled on my laptop... and the first thing it needed to do was download ~ 9 critical updates.
I'll install Ultimate on my desktop as soon as I can work out the easiest/best way of getting my documents etc. backed up.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Peter
Our Andy's put a quick guide to Win7 shortcuts into the Support Library.. check it out:
http://community.plus.net/library/windows/windows-7-shortcuts/
Very useful
Mouse Shortcuts
    * Drag window to the top: Maximise the window
    * Drag window left/right: Dock the window to fill that half of the screen
Now to find out how to disable these stupid shortcuts  Angry
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Jim, I use the keyboard shortcuts for this functionality (windoze key + left/right/up) and I find it quite useful. I too wish I could disable the mouse functionality to do the same though so if you find a way then please share it!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Sorted! Nice one Jim Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

StickyMick
Grafter

Decided to try an experiment the other night. I've been following the Vista shenanigans for some time now (specially with regards to hardware requirements and support). Just out of sheer curiosity I decided to run Vista Upgrade Advisor. The results were far from as favorable as they were when I ran it a few years back. In a nutshell, "Buy a new PC".
Immediately afterwards I downloaded and ran Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. This time the results were completely at the other end of the scale. Everything passed except my 7600gt video card and that was only doubtful about running the Aero Desktop.
Go figure.