cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joint Plusnet - an incompetent service managed by nasty incompetent people

phil4
Grafter

Re: joint Plusnet - an incompetent service managed by nasty incompetent people

Nope, not even halfway there, and glad that's obvious too, wouldn't want to deceive.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: timpurcell
They started this battle not me and I've now had two apologies, a series of refunds and they are attempting to speed the process up.  You may not like the method but it's working at least to some extent. Unfortunately it was entirely necessary to do what I did to get them to do this and I don't think anything I've said about the service on here is unfair because, up to the point where they started to budge, the company's behaviour had been outrageous.  I'm afraid, however, that if I were an 80 year old pensioner without the confidence to fight my corner PlusNet would be cheerfully continuing to rip me off which, I'm afraid, is something I can't address. However this community might care to consider that going forward.

I hope that PN have not given you a series of refunds because I can't see from this thread any reason for it. Going back to the original failure of the install did you ask the owner or the caretaker of the block of flats you live in for advice or permission for the new line installation?
Why are PN a rip off?
There are a few 80 or approaching 80 year olds on these forums and they seem to be able to fight their own corner.
timpurcell
Grafter

I can't be bothered to answer this as whoever posted it hasn't read this thread either.
Quote from: itsme

I hope that PN have not given you a series of refunds because I can't see from this thread any reason for it. Going back to the original failure of the install did you ask the owner or the caretaker of the block of flats you live in for advice or permission for the new line installation?
Why are PN a rip off?
There are a few 80 or approaching 80 year olds on these forums and they seem to be able to fight their own corner.
itsme
Grafter

Yes I have read the thread but I will ask the question again
Did you ask advice or permission of the owner or caretaker of the flats you live in to have a new line installation? 
matt_2k34
Grafter

I hope that PN have not given you a series of refunds because I can't see from this thread any reason for it

Indeed, i dont want my subscription paying for some idiot to have a hand out just to keep their custom.
Did you ask advice or permission of the owner or caretaker of the flats you live in to have a new line installation? 

Im guessing not, which is why BT failed to attend. In a block of flats you should always notify your Landlord, because afterall any alterations to the flat they could bill you for (e.g. BT put in a new master socket, and its in a diff location) -- Most people would do this out of curtosy and not to 'rock the boat' you seem to have no issue with trying to be as awkward, and abusive to whomever your speaking to
Wether they be fellow customers, moderators or staff.
Let him go  Roll_eyes Enjoy SLY   uhhh Sky...
Regards
its rather amusing to watch.

I concur (and no, im not 14, +7 actually.. ) arguign on the internet ftw !  Grin the thread title alone has brought images of...
timpurcell
Grafter

You're asking a question about a minuscule element of the whole matter and I can't be bothered to answer it.  I shan't be responding to your posts going forward as I don't want to engage with you.  However I would like to point out that the refunds I have received from PlusNet so far relate to charges for services that they haven't actually delivered yet and for the delivery of substandard equipment.  
timpurcell
Grafter

Read the thread - BT did attend.
Quote from: Matt_2k34
I hope that PN have not given you a series of refunds because I can't see from this thread any reason for it

Indeed, i dont want my subscription paying for some idiot to have a hand out just to keep their custom.

matt_2k34
Grafter

How else would you like me to explain it. 

(to go back to the first page)
How about raise a complaint via the procedure as outlined *on the first page*
Your clearly getting no-where and alienating people. Why is it such a burden for you to do what your supposed to be doing, rather than just coming on a forum to vent and try and be a PITA about it?
Roll_eyes
He was very nearly not able to do the work required because he required access to parts of the building I didn't even know existed. This wasn't explained to me beforehand.

Clearly attended, clearly couldnt do the work (as indicated even by yourself) - so the access to parts of the building im assuming is a locked maintenance area, which is used by the landlord / building operator to have the tenants "by the balls" so they can cut services for failed payment, without involving BT/SKY etc.
Regards
timpurcell
Grafter

I have no interest in your opinion.  Next...
Quote from: Matt_2k34
How else would you like me to explain it. 

(to go back to the first page)
How about raise a complaint via the procedure as outlined *on the first page*
itsme
Grafter

You're asking a question about a minuscule element of the whole matter and I can't be bothered to answer it.  I shan't be responding to your posts going forward as I don't want to engage with you.  However I would like to point out that the refunds I have received from PlusNet so far relate to charges for services that they haven't actually delivered yet and for the delivery of substandard equipment. 

A simple yes or no answer would be okay. I'm not sure why you have singled me out not to engage with as my postings have been brief with simple questions.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Not trying to moderate here (it's not our job) but please calm down. There's genuine reasons for complaint and anger here I'm sad to say, and these service issues do need dealing with.
@timpurcell - we've had the expedite accepted and confirmed, the broadband should be active on Monday 15th. I'll check and confirm first thing on Monday morning and make sure the account is active on the same day rather than waiting until the Tuesday.
timpurcell
Grafter

Dear Matt The BT engineer did what was required - even though it nearly wasn't possible because I was given such a short amount of notice and no indication of what was going to be required in terms of access when he got there. It was what happened next that was the real problem. Anyway the saga is drawing to an end - hopefully.
timpurcell
Grafter

And Dear Matt Taylor - noted! I shall look forward to receiving my service.
Quote from: Matt
Hi all,
Not trying to moderate here (it's not our job) but please calm down. There's genuine reasons for complaint and anger here I'm sad to say, and these service issues do need dealing with.
@timpurcell - we've had the expedite accepted and confirmed, the broadband should be active on Monday 15th. I'll check and confirm first thing on Monday morning and make sure the account is active on the same day rather than waiting until the Tuesday.
randpwar
Grafter

I realise this is nothing to do with me and I know that in their own way everyone has been trying to help but I think we should leave it to Matt and co to sort things out. I do, however, genuinely hope that timpurcell gets his broadband service active very soon and then receives the same excellent service from Plusnet that I’ve enjoyed for years
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I've taken the time to read through the responses in this thread.
You cannot expect PlusNet / BT to guess the internal cabling structure of the refurbished warehouse where you live. In purpose built or refurbished multi tenant/leaseholder premises the usual configuration is that BT Openreach deliver the service to the basement of the building. Generally delivery of the telecom service to the apartment is over copper pairs installed by the owner for that purpose. This helps to avoid extra wiring being dragged though the service ducts in the building during the life of the building. During the building/refurbishment the owner will arrange for master sockets to be wired within the apartment using the building cabling system. Given the shared occupancy of the building the owner's representative (caretaker) will need to control access to the MDF board in the basement where the external cabling meets the internal cabling.
In some less well organised buildings there will be no such provision for internal telecom wiring and the usual mayhem will preside.
The BT  Openreach service provision does not allow funding for a pre-installation inspection visit in every case. They will normally attempt the install in a single visit, having pre-scheduled connection at the exchange end of things. Sometimes this does not happen smoothly and an extra visit would need to be scheduled. PlusNet have little control over this process other than raising the order against OpenReach in the first place and then raising reported faults via the OpenReach Help desk.
Is my understanding correct that you didn't use the standard equipment provided by PlusNet for the service?  If so that will likely add to any installation issues.
You certainly have an aggressive manner in your postings and that is unlikely to help the resolution of problems if you use the same approach with the PN Customer support staff. Consider your ultimate objective. Do you want to get the service working or do you just want to throw your toys out of the pram?  
My personal experience of PlusNet is that on the whole their staff are professional and helpful. If any member of their team is not helpful I know that they address the matter.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.