Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joint Plusnet - an incompetent service managed by nasty incompetent people

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: joint Plusnet - an incompetent service managed by nasty incompetent people

Quote from: timpurcell
I won't shut it until I get proper compensation and a full service. And once I've got both I'm  probably going to leave.

Given that you're also....
busy running a company

.....that doesn't seem a very productive way to proceed.
Plusnet staff are generally helpful; making the sort of comments you have here is hardly likely to encourage anyone to help you, being polite and respecting ordinary staff would work a lot better.
Surely you know that from your own business, or doesn't it have any employees.  Lips_are_sealed
I think that's the point PeterLoftus was trying to make in his own "jocular" way. Roll_eyes
itsme
Grafter

It isn't rocket science to work out that it would have been helpful if it had been explained to me that someone who lives at an address with Flat 4 in it might need to get access to other parts of the building and what they were.  But no....

Can't see how you can blame PN or Openrech for this as it's your responsibility to allow access to the building. As you say it's not rocket science so I would have thought that you would have prepared and realise that access was required.
timpurcell
Grafter

To its me - oh yes I can. BT who are incapable of organising anything didn't stick to the visit timing and then neither PlusNet or BT bothered to explain that they would need access to the building basement to conduct the required work. Not acceptable and it was very obvious that I live in a large building - it is in fact a converted tea warehouse,  An interesting contrast to dealing with say Sky who ask all of these questions from the outset,
With reference to the posting from whoever HPSauce is - you may think PlusNet's staff are helpful - I've only been dealing with them for 24 hours and my experience is that they are anything but. In fact it's a lot worse than that.  They lie, cheat, exploit and make life as difficult as possible. I've already had a number of apologies from the company about this so that statement is not in doubt. The levels of customer service from this organization are disgraceful, The end.
itsme
Grafter

An interesting contrast to dealing with say Sky who ask all of these questions from the outset,

What would be more interesting is whether the outcome would be any different? It could have been the same Openreach Engineer
gswindale
Grafter

I find it incredible that I have to tell you what is wrong with my home phone service.  Here's a clue. IT"S NOT WORKING PROPERLY.  I can't tell which add on services which should be working are and which aren't because you haven't told me how to access them.  However the anonymous call block most certainly isn't (I've tested it) and it's probably therefore safe to assume that there is something wrong with the rest of them.  Is that clear.  How else would you like me to explain it.  Send smoke signals? Do a little dance? SCREAM VERY VERY LOUDLY?

Have you actually read anything? http://www.plus.net/support/phone/call_features.shtml gives you details on the calling service add-ons and how to access them.
If PN have been advised by their supplier that they are working; how are they supposed to know which one's aren't?  It's your line not theirs.
As a matter of course; working in a customer service related industry I find that ranting & raving customers get a worse service than those who explain everything calmly & clearly - primarily because it is easier to deal with someone who is coherant and explaining their problems rather than simply saying "it doesn't ****ing work".
As to PN's customer support; I have had cause to contact them on 2 occasions in the past 6 & a bit years.
1) Operating a skeleton staff when Sheffield was under much water a few years ago - problem solved within 12 hours despite being advised it could take upto 48 hours due to reduced staffing
2) Contacted them New Year's Eve 2010 due to a loss of connection.  Had difficulty completing line tests etc due to only having a small screen mobile to go through the fault checker.  Believe service was resumed by 4th Jan - reasonably happy with that due to understanding it was a holiday time across the country.  Would have been nice to have it resolved quicker
though, but fully understand that sometimes things take longer than expected due to needing to "push out" to Openreach etc to find the cause of the problem.
I suggest that a little bit of patience is purchased and sensible discussions with PN are taken to resolve the issues as this, in my experience, is the only way to get results.
timpurcell
Grafter

They are now refusing to pay compensation (what a nice company) and I've no communication about why the broadband installation - due on Wednesday - has now been further delayed. PlusNet seem to be refusing to speak to me at the moment!
steveben2004
Dabbler

I have had problems with the routers supplied to me by Plusnet since May and have decided to leave them.
However, I have to say that in my dealings with the Customer Service Team, they have always responded quickly and resolved matters when they can.
I think the OP is way over the top in his comments
gswindale
Grafter

PlusNet seem to be refusing to speak to me at the moment!

Do you blame them?  I'd be waiting until I was of the opinion that you may be of a cooler temperament before contacting you.
They are now refusing to pay compensation (what a nice company)

Well that depends on what you are claiming compensation for?  I'm hardly in favour of my ISP compensating people for being rude & aggressive towards them (as you appear to have been reading through this topic).
I've no communication about why the broadband installation - due on Wednesday - has now been further delayed.

BB installs are out of PN's hands.  It is therefore highly likely that they are trying to find out from Openreach as to what the delay is - particularly given Matt's earlier comment
I'll see if there's anything we can do to expedite the order for you.

Wheel_nut
Grafter

:Only my opinion on.
Isn't it time that PlusNet sent this customer a MAC and gave him 30 days notice to take his Telephone service elsewhere.
He has been discourteous and absive to PlusNet Staff on this Forum and I would expect that he has been no less on the ;phone. He seems to live in a differenct universe where everything is the responsibility of others and only his time is of value.
Come on PlusNet, kick him out and bar him from this forum.
:Only my opinion off.
timpurcell
Grafter

Dear Wheel Nut. Presumably you have fallen off your trolley. They can't send me a Mac because I haven't got a service yet.  Which is the basis of the problem. You obviously haven't read the thread properly so, with respect, you are hardly in a position to state an opinion.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Our provisioning team are now chasing the expedite, I'll let you know as soon as anything is confirmed.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

you are hardly in a position to state an opinion.

This is a forum, any member can state their opinion within the rules.
If you didn't want any you would presumably have conducted your "discussion" with PlusNet in private.
Though my "opinion" is that you were looking for support/sympathy here and the manner of you doing so means that's not really been forthcoming.  Sad
timpurcell
Grafter

Dear HP Sauce.  (Not a nice brand by the way - a bit cheap and nasty  ;D) .Oh for goodness sake the pomposity being shown here is hilarious.  Feel free to say what you like - I really don't give a flying fig for anyone's opinion on here. However it might help if, when giving it, that Wheel Nut had made sure he or she was in possession of the facts. He or she obviously wasn't because he or she hadn't bothered to read this thread.
As for my motive for posting here and on Twitter (where there is a whole bunch of people with similar ongoing PlusNet issues of a similar nature as I've now discovered) - the sole reason was to get PlusNet to sort the matter out.  They were refusing to budge (and actually telling me a series of porky pies) until I started to create and had been extremely rude to me on more than one occasion. They started this battle not me and I've now had two apologies, a series of refunds and they are attempting to speed the process up.  You may not like the method but it's working at least to some extent. Unfortunately it was entirely necessary to do what I did to get them to do this and I don't think anything I've said about the service on here is unfair because, up to the point where they started to budge, the company's behaviour had been outrageous.  I'm afraid, however, that if I were an 80 year old pensioner without the confidence to fight my corner PlusNet would be cheerfully continuing to rip me off which, I'm afraid, is something I can't address. However this community might care to consider that going forward.
As for me, once this all gets sorted out and I have broadband in my flat in my name I shall probably ask for a Mac code.  So don't worry I probably won't be here for long.
phil4
Grafter

A lovely Friday afternoon's entertainment.
I find nothing funnier that watching someone go off their rocker in a forum, its rather amusing to watch. Cheesy
Constructive comment?  Nope, but thanks for the laughs. Grin Grin Grin Grin
timpurcell
Grafter

You're obviously not an 80 year old pensioner... Huh
Quote from: phil4
A lovely Friday afternoon's entertainment.
I find nothing funnier that watching someone go off their rocker in a forum, its rather amusing to watch. Cheesy