cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bipac 8800NL with "Plusnet Fibre" (no phone line)

bencook

Bipac 8800NL with "Plusnet Fibre" (no phone line)

Hi, we've been Plusnet customers for years and have always used a trusty Bipac 8800NL (v1 I think) router. We don't use this for wireless, just the WAN connection, and it's rock solid. We're on Unlimited Fibre Extra at the moment

We can save a little money by switching to the Plusnet Fibre package, which is without a phone line. When I go to switch products in the portal it strongly suggests we should take a "Hub Two" router for the connection. I'd much rather just stick with what we have. I've looked at the router requrements and it say that if our router supports VDSL2 (which it does) it should work OK?

The projected broadband speeds for the new package are the same as we have currently. I'm assuming the technology is the same as our current package and I won't need to reconfigure anything if/when we switch?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

Re: Bipac 8800NL with "Plusnet Fibre" (no phone line)

The projected broadband speeds for the new package are the same as we have currently. I'm assuming the technology is the same as our current package and I won't need to reconfigure anything if/when we switch?

@bencook you are correct, the technology is exactly the same, no reconfiguration required.

Having said that, I'd be inclined to take the offer of the Hub 2 for the p&p charge of £6.99. Its useful to be able to swap to it if you have an issue and PN need to investigate and as a spare in case your 8800NL develops a fault.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bencook

Re: Bipac 8800NL with "Plusnet Fibre" (no phone line)

Thanks for confirming. And yes good idea re the Hub Two! I think I’ll do that.