cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed

Cacicula
Grafter

Re: Order delayed

Well today is the day. The ADSL just got cut, do I have to wait with the router switched on or off until the fibre starts up?

Will I receive an email once it does start working?

Thanks
Cacicula
Grafter

Ok it is working but I am getting 64mbps instead of 80mbs both with the Hub 1 and my router.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Sorry for the delay, I was out of the office yesterday. 

I'm glad to see your fibre service is up and running. I've tested your line and the tests are showing your router's getting 71mbps so if you're seeing 64mbps on a speed test then I'd say that's about right. 

If you want to try to squeeze more juice out of your connection, could you plug your router into the "test socket" explained Here? This should bypass any internal wiring which may be impacting your speed. 

Let me know how you get on. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

Right I will try that when I can find some time to tinker with the router, thank you. The most important thing is that I have the fibre now.

About the compensation you mentioned in past messages from the 3rd of September that the fibre should have been live and the good will gesture from Plusnet on top for the mess with the order, could you please walk me through that?

Thanks a lot
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Cool. No worries, let me know how the testing goes. Smiley

I see we've already calculated the automatic compensation to be £103.25 and applied this onto your account as a credit. As for a goodwill gesture, I've just made you an offer by adding a reply to the support ticket logged Here.

If you're happy to accept or if you'd like to discuss further, would you be able to let me know by replying to that ticket?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet