Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order delayed

Cacicula
Grafter

Re: Order delayed

Thank you for the update.

Any chance the engineer called yesterday to get the equipment necessary and get the job done today or tomorrow?

I mean, this is the second time as far as I know that they have been checking that exchange so I would expect for them to know what equipment they need.

I will be waiting for your update today or I will try and call tomorrow as you told me you are off. Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

No problem and thanks for getting back to me @Cacicula

I don't know but hopefully they did. It's unlikely that we'll be able to do anything more until the review date Openreach have given. While I'll be off tomorrow, the order will still be in hand and I can check for a response from Wholesale on Sunday. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Right I've spoken with my colleague in Wholesale and I've tested your phone line which is showing what's known as a "Dis in exchange (Openreach side of MDF)" which may likely be what's holding up the broadband order.

He says that this and the "LIC" whether they're the same or different issues would both be the responsibility of Openreach to resolve, so I've reported the phone line exchange problem as a fault to Openreach. Faults are generally prioritised over orders, so hoping we gain some traction this way. Unfortunately the weekend ahead doesn't help which means we've been given an estimated response time of by 20/09/22 23:59:59 for a fault engineer to investigate. I would add +1 day to that as it doesn't look like the supplier system has taken into account of the obvious bank holiday on Monday. 

This response time though doesn't mean the engineer will be going out on the last day, it could be anytime before then. Once that's fixed, I'm hoping that Openreach can then run a line test on the back of the broadband order, see no issues then be able to complete it in their system to activate your broadband service. 

As you can tell I'm making sure pretty much every angle is covered here!

An observation... you've mentioned that you're looking forward to getting fibre but the order we've placed is for ADSL (standard broadband). From what I can see it looks like initially you agreed with us to go onto ADSL but then a week later, you rang us back to request fibre but we didn't change the order we had already placed.

If you're still wanting fibre, after the order's completed I can arrange this by upgrading your service and I'll make sure an engineer does the switch as soon as possible. Apologies again for the complications. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

Thank you check that I really appreciate.

Wow I do not know about the ADSL, it was originally ADSL but then a few days after there was space in the exchange and I called to change it. I even signed a new contract for Fibre Extra and I have the email stating that as well.

I was assured in others calls that my order was for fibre extra even as I mentioned that it was ADSL originally.

This is really a setback as what I was expecting was fibre internet and I can’t believe we have been waiting 10
days now for an ADSL order.

Could you please look into my tickets and the contract I signed? I have the email stating it is fibre and the speeds.

It is not acceptable for me to have ADSL in the end as I signed fibre.

This never ends. Please let me know, I was not expecting this at all.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have read the tickets and I'm aware you'd agreed to a fibre extra contract, but at that point the ADSL order was already in place. We should've ideally cancelled that and placed a new order to provide Fibre Extra instead.

At this stage we're better off carrying on with the order for ADSL to get you online so you have a service of some description while we're upgrading it to fibre. I'm however happy to cancel this order and replace as a fibre order, if you'd want me to.

I fear though if we do go down that path then it might just delay things as we'd generally need to wait a couple of days for the order to be cancelled before we're able to place a new order. 

I'm really sorry again for the issues. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

I thank you for your work Anoush but it is infuriating that since the 22nd of August that I placed the fibre order and signed a contract, it is now that I am just finding out the order was not change at all and all this hassle is for an ADSL connection.

This is the worst ISP service I have received in my life, someone did not do their work correctly at some point and this is just unapceptable.

If you think it would be worst to place a new fibre order instead of continuing with this one I believe you but this is just bad service, not from you Anoush but from Plusnet in general.

At the moment I am on the phone (20 minutes on hold and counting) to raise a formal complaint as this feels like the last straw.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As part of taking ownership of your order, I've already logged a formal complaint for you which I'm happy to talk to you about but I need to first get you up and running. I don't want to discourage you from ringing in, but I've already taken all the right steps to resolve and there's nothing more we can do at this stage in regards to your complaint. 

Again I am genuinely sorry for the bad experience you've had and I'll be passing feedback on so we can improve.

If you can leave this with me, that'll save you from spending more time on the phone. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

Hi Anoush, thank you for rising the complaint.

I was just on the phone with Callum and he was very patient listening to me. I thank you both you and him for dealing with this and while I am extremely unhappy with this situation and it is someone’s fault it is certainly not yours.

Please you have my authorisation to change my order from DSL to Fibre the moment the DSL order completes or goes live, as my current contract is for Fibre Extra. If you can do whatever is necessary to make it as quick as possible I would appreciate it.

I do not know if you can do that on your own but your colleague told me to request this and he said we would message you as well.

As for compensation, I already spent £60 pounds in extra data between my girlfriend and I as we both work from home so that’s a conversation to have.

Please do let me know if what I asked is possible, it would be very upsetting to have DSL activated and when upgrading fibre as it should have been to be told there is no space in the exchange. As I mentioned to your colleague in that situation there would be another conversation to have regarding contract.

Again, I will wait for your update and thank you for keep looking into it.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hello,

No problem, Callum messaged me to let me know. Absolutely I'll proactively upgrade your service to fibre as that's the latest contract you've agreed with us. As for compensation you already know what we'll offer as we'd align to Ofcom's automatic compensation scheme explained Here but I'll be happy to offer a goodwill gesture as well. I don't want to tell you what I'd offer at this stage as goodwill as things are ongoing but I'll have that chat with you when all's sorted. 

I'll be leaving the office in 15 mins but I'll follow up with you next on Sunday after 11:30am. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Cacicula
Grafter

I have received the following message in my phone:

“ Hi, it's Openreach on behalf of your service provider. We've received your fault request for your phone line or broadband service. We've done some investigation on our end and believe that your issue is now fixed.

Please reply FIXED if your issue has been resolved.”

So what now? Will I have service today even if it is DSL instead of the fibre in my contract? I know Anoush is off until Sunday but can other forum staff give me a heads up?
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Cacicula, Anoush has asked me to have a check on this today for you. 

We've actually only just got the clear message from our suppliers about 20 mins ago but I've now retested the phone line and it's testing clear. 

I'm going to contact our suppliers further so we can determine the next steps here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Cacicula
Grafter

That’s good, please do let me know about any updates. It would be nice to have a working connection today if possible.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

I've contacted our suppliers and they have advised there is still some work needed on the broadband side of things, so they have raised this to be actioned. 

They have advised us to check back in 48 hours but I'll update Anoush so he can keep an eye on this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Cacicula
Grafter

Hi there, any news today by any chance?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm sorry that the broadband order is still delayed, I've just been in touch with Openreach who advise that they're still working on the issue for us and are hoping to have it resolved by the 20th.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team