cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from PN to EE from Australia - PAC code abroad

martindavies

Re: Switch from PN to EE from Australia - PAC code abroad

In the end I just ignored the whole issue and my number seems to still be working...

BlackGrouse
Hooked

I got one after contacting them on FB Messenger
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

In order to use a PAC successfully, the SIM needs to be in the UK on a UK network. If the SIM isn't in the UK, it could be replaced and delivered to a family member. They could help with you to get it activated and put it in their phone, text PAC to 65075 and use that PAC to do the rest of the switch for you in the UK. 

Hope that helps

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
laurenjaneyoung

Hi James. I am hoping you can help.

My husband and I are both with PlusNet and would like to keep our numbers and take up the EE offers.

We need a PAC code to do this, but are in New Zealand until May. Could you message us to help? 

Thank you!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Lauren, I've just sent you a message. Please get back to me when you can. - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Billiana

Hello there,

I have a similar question. I am in KSA and I will not  travel to the UK before September.

Is there anyway to switch and keep my UK number while abroad?

Thank you.

Billiana

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

@Billiana as the SIM needs to be in the UK on a UK network to allow the PAC to work, I can only think of sending a replacement SIM to a friend or family member so they can put in their phone and do the PAC process for you. Does that work?

James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
dlui88
Hooked

Also moved to Australia. Have the same difficulty contacting PN regarding my contract. Would be good if the PN help team can make contact via email.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Just a general comment, but if you move abroad, is it not a good idea to cancel your UK-based services before you do?

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @dlui88 I've just sent you a PM, please drop me a reply when you can. 

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dlui88
Hooked

Hi Jab 1,

Shouldn’t generalise a situation when everyone has different circumstances. Until one get set up in a new country with all the communication tools, it’s difficult to disconnect when the smart phone is the only way to manage one’s dealing especially financial affairs.

Jegs1

I have the same problem, I am in Australia and need a PAC code to move my Plusnet number across to my new EEmobile account. The Plusnet SIM is here with me in Australia whilst the new EE SIM has been activated with my sister in the UK. I have raised a complaint with EE that they did not help me port my Plusnet number across to EE when their SIM was activated. I have contacted EE and they are ready to port the number across but need Plusnet to issue a PAC. Although I think I could receive a PAC on my Plusnet SIM here in Australia, I cannot send a text requesting the PAC from Australia.

Please could someone contact me to help me get a PAC.

Kind Regards

Jegs1