Did you mean: 

Upload speed

FIXED
Notoriousxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Upload speed

See above.

I am paying for a service, with a minimum upload speed of 27. If the minimum said 20, I would understand, But it says 27.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

You have stated clearly that the numbers do not match up, but what impact does that have on your day to day ability to use the internet for the purpose for which it was bought?

There have been examples across several ISPs of there being issues with DOWNLOAD speeds not being that of the provisioned BT Openreach service.  Their resolution has been via a protracted and expensive product change and rechange process.

This is the first seen around here of something appearing to be similar in respect to UPLOAD.  20mbps upload is blistering, clearly 30mbps would be better ... but what does the difference STOP you doing?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

I needed the upload as part of my work environment and it is causing issues with slowness when WFH.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

If your work usage is that demanding, then you probably need a BUSINESS grade service, not a residential service, having clear restrictions on usage...

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Thank you for the information, I appreciate that. I wanted to clarify, it's not solely for business use and I do not run a business nor from home, but when I need to work from home on occasions.
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

The restrictions on working from home in the T&Cs are an anachronism, and make absolutely no sense at all when there is no business option available.

Technically there was no difference in the Plusnet business vs personal broadband products - the only differences being that support phone lines were open longer hours and you got a VAT receipt (although for most of the time I had a business account Plusnet couldn't generate receipts of any kind!).

Business broadband from other suppliers usually come with some elevated SLAs, and there may be other business related product features. 

It is understandable for an ISP to not accept claims for any loss of business when here is a fault with a non-business broadband product, but banning home working is nonsense - particularly in a post-covid world where a lot of people work from home at least some of the week.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Thanks for explaining.
I only work from home on occasions for an hour or two, so I do not need a business package as such. I do a lot of gaming and plan to stream at some point. 145 download is as exactly as described, so I was just confused about the 20 upload.
greygit1
Aspiring Pro

A person's employer, however, has the option of ensuring that their employees connection back into the coporate intraweb is fit for purpose. Back in the days of dialup my employer at that time had an additional line installed (at their cost) to my home.

ADSL came along and employers sniffed a cost-saving (IMO). Get ADSL, and we don't have to pay for another line.

If WFH, who's responsibility is that, and who bears the cost of upgrading the line to a useable state?

(I suspect this is a subject that has no defintive answers at this time)

With a business line it could be that it is related to someone running a business from home (or using their home to run a business).

Just my tuppence-worth.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Any update on this MatthewWheeler? Thought the order was going to complete last Monday and be back to my contracted speed Tuesday?
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@Notoriousxx Mat isn't in until the first and the modify is stuck. We're unable to contact the suppliers about it today being a Sunday so we'll do so in the week to A find out why it hasn't progressed and B process it again if we need to.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Galadriel
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

@Notoriousxx I'm so sorry for the delay. We have checked your account and we're due an update on the modify on the 29/03/24 so will update you when we've heard back from suppliers.

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Please can I have an update by COB today as it's 29th. Thanks
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

@Notoriousxx  The update can be anytime up to the end of the day on the 29th March (today) We'll keep an eye on this for you and we should have an update over the weekend.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Notoriousxx  Knowing Openreach delaying tactics I would be surprised if you get any update over a Bank Holiday weekend, maybe expect some useless response by Tuesday.😫

Notoriousxx
Rising Star

Noted. Thanks, will await response by the weekend... Hopefully.