I found the overall up/down, I thought you meant I could see per device

The no carrier events were over night so missed them
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

Re: Problem with intermittent connectivity

@Bigmax1701 wrote:
Delivery optimisation has always been off, but that wouldn't upload through the router anyway?

It would if you had the download from other PCs over the internet set.  AIUI (and the text hints it to be the case) your PC becomes a server.  Note the text "Your PC won't upload content to other devices... on a metered network.".

Now there is a thought, try changing the network profile to make it metered.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 74

I found the overall up/down, I thought you meant I could see per device

You can identify the device with the higher upload and download by looking at >Home >My devices

In the device list to the right you will see an up and down arrow, this should help you identify who is uploading and downloading the most.

HTH

Bigmax1701
Dabbler

I went back to double check the update setting (it was off), I thought it was from local pc's but it does say about uploading to the internet, I didn't notice that text before.

The culprit seems to be a NAS drive, although I blocked it's IP at the router it was still uploading Huh

If you look at my devices on a phone browser you don't get the up/down statistics, I thought I'd seen them (I was on my laptop)
Bigmax1701
Dabbler

Thanks for the help guys, I think I've plugged the upload leak. Gone from 26gb in 2hrs this morning to 9mb in an hour (over all upload)

I'll monitor today to make sure it's fixed

Won't be able to properly test streaming until the wekend
IMM
Grafter

@Bigmax1701  I'm just curious - as I'm wondering about buying a Nas drive. Have you any idea where it was sending your data to? And is that something you expected to happen?

Ian

Bigmax1701
Dabbler

I have no idea (scary) but fortunately there's only movies on the drive and my network is segmented to prevent crossover to other systems

I had played with the idea of external access but never used it (and failed to disable it). If you don't intend to use it from outside the network, leave the gateway blank