Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPF and DKIM settings

FIXED
lindsaywilson88
Hooked

SPF and DKIM settings

Hello,

I have my own domain (skyesilver.com) hosted by a third party. I normally send emails through their mail server, but sometimes I send them through Plusnet's outgoing server (relay.plus.net). I'm presently double-checking all my SPF and DKIM settings and would like help with the following.

1) Can you please confirm that _spf-internal.plus.net and _spf-internal2.plus.net are still the correct servers to use in the SPF record? I previously read these here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/SPF-record-2022-update-please/td-p/1882388, just want to be sure they're still correct.

2) Does your outgoing server relay.plus.net support DKIM? If so, can you please provide the details to add to the DNS records? This is usually in the form of either a CNAME or TXT record.

Many thanks in advance.

Lindsay

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Re: SPF and DKIM settings

Fix

Can you please confirm that _spf-internal.plus.net and _spf-internal2.plus.net are still the correct servers to use in the SPF record?

AFAIK they are still correct.

Does your outgoing server relay.plus.net support DKIM? If so, can you please provide the details to add to the DNS records? This is usually in the form of either a CNAME or TXT record.

DKIM is ONLY supported for the <account>.plus.com domains, no support is available for external or Plusnet hosted domains

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lindsaywilson88
Hooked

Hi,

Many thanks for confirming those points, appreciate it!

Best regards,

Lindsay

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

No problem, I assume you realise that you need to add the PN SPF definitions as additional includes to your existing SPF.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lindsaywilson88
Hooked

Yup, I'm building up quite a string of them!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

If your hosting domain provides a SMTP service which you largely use … why add complications by sometimes using Plusnet as a third party relay service?

What problem are you trying to resolve? Sometimes we choose the wrong reminders and end up with additional challenges.

lindsaywilson88
Hooked

Because sometimes the host's server is painfully slow, for reasons I have never figured out.