cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails to my Free-Online account being rejected

ClaireS
Dabbler

Emails to my Free-Online account being rejected

I'm recently noticing problems with people reporting that emails sent to the accounts myself and my family have been using for years are being rejected.

Has something changed in the way emails are being identified as spam?

After having three separate people advised me of this, I tried sending to myself from another (non-plusnet) account of mine.  Same thing happened.  

"avasin-peh-007.plus.net rejected your message to the following email addresses.... because the recipient's email server (outside Office 365) suspected that your message was spam."

So far we've missed out on some quite important emails - and we only know about them because we've been chasing them.

Please could you advise what I can do?

Thanks

Claire

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Emails to my Free-Online account being rejected

This is difficult space to address. I’ll add this topic to the super user watch list.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ClaireS
Dabbler

Hi there

Thanks for your message - but I'm confused.  Does this mean you've raised it with the super user watch list and someone is going to contact me, or I need to do something else?  I've tried logging in, but I can't see any "fault & ticket links".

Cheers

Claire

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Sorry but at the moment the answer to all of that is “No” and “Nothing”.

Investigating SPAM issues requires the sharing of personal information and access to specific support resources. SUs are seeking the establishment of the means to deliver this - cases such as this help justify the need for such, which is why I have added it to the list.

SPAM reviews can be complex. Elsewhere I’m on the fringe of looking at an issue where emails having an attachment sent through an email forwarding service are rejected as SPAM because the forwarding service corrupted the email headers.

An effective process will need to start by obtaining answers to all of the right questions … at present I do not know what all of the questions need to be!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.