cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

breslaw
Rising Star

Re: Email down since yesterday evening

"Basically they can't be bothered to spend any money on a service which provides them with no profit."

Well, if the email service collapses, then we all have to look for another email provider. At the same time, I might as well review all of my broadband/phone/mobile/etc services. Plusnet used to be a reliable provider. But they're voluntarily out of the picture. So I'd be tempted to move the lot somewhere else. Now that just might have an effect on profits. Especially if the word gets around that Plusnet lets services go without any warning.

briston
Aspiring Pro

@FAILSAFE01 I won't question you may feel the email service has been abysmal for a while, but until today it's been ok for me of late.
FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

The only time I can use it is around 1am - 3 am  when there aren't many users on the system, otherwise its a waste of time . Folders don't get loaded , emails go missing , plethora of server error messages, etc . Its not really a service anymore !!!

I stopped using it and just get the emails transferred to my gmail but that has now stopped (Authentication errors ).

Authentication error.
Server returned error "Temporary problem, please try again later"

breslaw
Rising Star

Re: No Email Access

@breslaw Although I share your frustration, have you thought of possible 'commercial confidentiality' issues?

Oh that's a neat little get out clause. Like court injunctions that prevent anyone talking about some nasty individual, or super-injunctions that prevent anyone mentioning that anything's wrong at all.

So because of "commercial confidentiality" PlusNet is not even permitted to say that there's anything wrong with their email service, and any customer who mentions it will be locked up.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Deleted

John
jab1
Legend

@briston wrote:
@jab1 So I've been in here a few years longer. Perhaps you should try and help out on the amazingly long thread about the Plusnet router, can't believe that's been going on so long.
Meanwhile I am sure many are waiting for emails to flood in.

Not my area of competence, @briston .

John
briston
Aspiring Pro

@FAILSAFE01 I take it you are referring to web mail. Yes it can be slow. As I have an Android phone I also use Gmail and that works perfectly, plus of course as I have my own domain I can personalize it etc. The caviot is of course, it works perfectly but not at this moment.
glocal
Rising Star

I have been with Plusnet long enough to know that after a number of major email disasters, Plusnet started claiming that email was unsupported, a courtesy service whose quality was not guaranteed and provision could be withdrawn. That meant that customers couldn't claim compensation for poor email service. @JonoH are you saying that email (webmail and email client connections) is fully supported, like broadband connectivity, as part of our contract? Honestly, that will be great to hear. Please clarify.

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

Unsure whether you've seen some of my other posts updating people on my complaints to the CEO .  I then get criticised as being a moaning troll by people who are Plusnet groupies.

Basically , they told me in business language we can't fix the problems, don't have the money and can't be bothered because you cannot complain to Ofcom about it.

jab1
Legend

@breslaw Slight over-exaggeration?

John
Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

It's now 5 hours without an update (except for "when will the next update be" which is regularly updated to later, just before the update is due ... )

Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star

And what are we to do whilst this self induced problem is sorted out?  How very inept!

FAILSAFE01
Rising Star

This was a copy of my email to the BT Ceo  back in August . Unfortunately I was very angry and frustrated at the time and that it obvious by the tone of my letter.

The Plusnet groupies were not very happy that I posted this on the forum.

------------------------------

Dear Mr Jansen

I sent you 3 emails from my Plusnet webmail  yesterday 6th August. 

Can you please confirm you received them because your Plusnet webmail doesn't seem to keep copies of my sent emails in the sent folder . In fact I now haven't got  a clue if my important emails are getting to their destinations or not. 

I cc'd one of the emails (I sent to you) to my gmail account but it has not been received. This is very worrying as I am dealing with some legal issues and need to have an audit of all emails being sent .

If you haven't received my previous emails , please contact me and I will list out all the service issues again and email them from my gmail account .

There is no point in me trying to use my Plusnet email as it frankly doesn't work anymore . Sometimes we can't log on , we get a plethora of error messages , IMAP signal failures, Internal Error messages , the list goes on and on.  Folders don't get downloaded , sometimes only a partial list of emails in a folder appears (other times none at all).

A simple 3 minute composed email can become a 20-30 minute battle with errors messages , logging on and off , pressing the refresh button, discarding the email and starting over again .  

You are supposed to be managing a professional company but acting like a bunch of cowboys leaving your customers to suffer for over 3 years with this absolute piece of garbage you call Plusnet webmail

I am now going to email you a screenshot of every error message I receive when I login to my Plusnet webmail.  

I will continue to do this until you have fixed the service properly.

Further , I will publish a set of you-tube videos to show the public what a pile of junk this so called service is.

davev1
Hooked

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Hi Hazel

Attached is a screenshot of my outgoing (SMTP) settings.

My incoming settings are of no use as we both have the same issue there

DAVEV

Uncle_Tupelo
Rising Star

"We're really sorry that some of our customers are still experiencing issues when trying to login into their email accounts.
We've identified what the problem is and are now completing work to fix this as quickly as possible. Some of this work will need to be completed overnight, to avoid any additional disruption, and we expect affected customers to be able to access their Plusnet email account by tomorrow morning."

So what is the problem? And who is escaping disruption by delaying the work to "overnight"? Certainly not those of us already inconvenienced.