cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Hiya @Beckett72, it looks like you've since been in touch and a task raised for this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
starstryker

Hi

Yes. I received the following on 25th july:

Username: revelator

You are receiving this message as your mailbox has not been accessed since:

2022-04-16 23:06:25

We have therefore archived the contents of the mailbox, please note that new mails will continue to be received.

To stop this from happening going forward you need to access it and collect E-Mail at least once within a 90 day period.

If you would like your email restoring then please contact our support team by raising a ticket using the Help Assistant on our website:

https://portal.plus.net/

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @starstryker, thanks for getting back to us and confirming. I have now raised a task to try get this restored for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
SallyWally27

Hi there. Please could you restore my emails that you haver recently archived? Thanks!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @SallyWally27, I have raised the request to have this restored for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
SallyWally27

Thanks very much for the prompt assistance, Lauren! 👍

rick31444

Hi. Could you un-archive my mailbox, please? The one beginning "rick".

Thanks!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for reaching out to us @rick31444, I've requested this for you now Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jac2
Dabbler

I assume my mailbox has been archived, but I can't see an e-mail telling me as such.

The last I have is 01/09/2022 saying my mailboxes were 928MB.

Last time this happened (03/2022) it took me and support 9 attempts to actually get my mailbox back and my daughters was never restored (primarily because the systems support have said they couldn't see her mailbox, eventhough I could on the PN portal and it is definitely a real mailbox (not a forwarder or alias).

As an aside, I started clearing e-mails last few days and just hadn't emptied the trash!  I thought I would get a week from when it was > 1GB.

Anyway, can someone check please to see my mailbox has been archived and if any others have been Acc: jac2jac2?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

I've PM'd you back. We indeed haven't archived your emails, one of the unfortunate side effects of having a really big mailbox is that emails can seemingly disappear from view in webmail while not actually deleted. It's part of the known performance issues we're aware of with our email service. 

You able to set up your emails on a mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird to download your emails that way?

I'm genuinely sorry again for what you went through last time, that shouldn't have ever happened and I remember my manager emailing feedback to the relevant people so hopefully it won't happen again. 

As for your daughter's emails, I don't know which mailbox you're referring to, but to hazard a guess the confusion is probably down to how many mailboxes you have. On our side, the list of mailboxes is split over 4 pages, which is not something I've ever seen before if I'm being honest! 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jac2
Dabbler

Thanks, I've replied re: your PM.

Yes, we have about 44 mailboxes, I think about 6 or 7 active ones and the others are tests.  They explained it was due to it being a very old account at the time, but it was a strange call:........ Me: I can see the account.  Support: that accounts doesn't exist 🙂

Thanks for your time, I'm hoping you have some ideas on what may have happened / possibly you have some logs..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries and sorry again for the mix up. Sad

We can't check the logs for this I'm afraid but I've PM'd you with more detail. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
applecup

can someone please check if a mailbox of mine has been archived? i haven't had any archive notices either to the email in question or my root or contact email but on checking my email tonight i discovered that i abruptly only have emails going back to the start of the month - everything else has just *poofed*

mailbox in question begins with s

thank you!

(yes yes i know it's partially my own fault for not downloading for *cough* some time lesson learned etc)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there,

Yes I can see we've archived that mailbox on the 1st September and it looks like we did email you at the time.

I've raised a NetOps task to unarchive your mail for you, which should be done within 3 working days.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Adrasta

Hi, I'd be very grateful if my mail could be unarchived. Many thanks.