cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow internet speed

captainmike
Hooked

slow internet speed

I've just moved to PlusNet and just over a day into my activation. my estimated download speed should be  42-60 mbps
however I'm only getting around 10 mbps and have been since the start, so not sure why or when it'll start picking up, any help?

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: slow internet speed

@captainmike 

For Community members to be able to help, information from these sites, as screenshots, posted as pictures within the topic, not as attachments:-

BT Broadband Availability Checker (obscuring your phone number), where a landline phone is no longer supplied or known use the address version BT Broadband Address Availability (obscuring your address)

BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (Ethernet) connection if at all possible, please report the 'ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTICS'. This test is recommended to be performed with only one device connected.

Sight of the broadband connection status from your Hub (with the 'Username' obscured) would also be of help.

For the Hub One -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Troubleshooting > Helpdesk

For the Hub Two -

Navigate from the Home Screen to Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Information

Where the phone line is still active, it may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

If you are unsure about any of the above, please just ask - I am happy to help.

John
captainmike
Hooked

this should be the info you required 

captainmike
Hooked

Desktop Screenshot 2024.04.17 - 20.05.15.24.pngDesktop Screenshot 2024.04.17 - 20.06.28.53.pngDesktop Screenshot 2024.04.17 - 20.20.56.40.png

jab1
Legend

Thanks for that. One thing shouts out to me - your D/S SNR margin is hellishly high. Before I make any further suggestions, which master socket do you have, and is your Hub plugged into directly?

John
captainmike
Hooked

this is the master socket not using the micro filter. i should note that i had an engineer come visit as i was having similar issues with my previous provider. The engineer came round and had to move my mate socket someplace else , so he had to re wire it, but once he was done then my internet went back to what it should of been, but now that i switched its back to how it was before it was fixed.mastersocket.jpg

jab1
Legend

OK, so the Hub is plugged directly into the left socket? If so, I suggest you report a fault via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/

Let us know the response, please/

John
captainmike
Hooked

ok will do that first thing tomorrow , does it need to be a text or can i phone them?

jab1
Legend

Do it as a text - it initiates a set of tests automatically.

John
captainmike
Hooked

ok ive tried texting it , but its saying unable to auto match this mobile  with a broadband account, please provide a full phone number including area code....

but this is the phone that was used to create my account and all. i dont have a landline nor do i know the number

jab1
Legend

@captainmike Sorry, I forgot that Plusnet have failed to recognise that SoGEA provisions don't have a 'phone number' allocated, and have not made provision for this situation. You will have phone them and do it the hard way.

John
captainmike
Hooked

haha thought so, ok will call during open hors , and will let you know on results cheers