Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Profile Has Changed

Cruise85
Grafter

Re: My Profile Has Changed

Thanks for getting back in touch
I would certainly mention these drops to the engineer, as this will most likely help him to diagnose the issue and hand, and as such resolve it
Please let us know how the engineer visit goes though
Regards
Matt
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Hi there,
So the engineer has just left, he had to re-do all the wiring and install new boxes and sort out the mess outside the house as well as in the cabinet as the 'contractor' who installed the net had made such a shabby job, there were wires not connected to the crimps and wires which were 'suffocated' that's what the engineer had said.
He also said he will re-set the line but i won't see any improvement for another 10 days.
On the ground the original 'contractor' did a shabby job, could I ask for any compensation for my net dropping over this last month?
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi ListerofSmeg
Glad to hear that the engineer attended, and appears to have completed a very thorough job at your address.
In regards to compensation, I will raise a ticket on your account in regards to this as to not be discussing account specific information on the public forums
Regards
Matt
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Team. you'll never guess what...
My internet disconnected again this morning, with the same error:
2014-10-18 11:56:49  PPP  Information  ppp1 sent [CHAP Response id=0x1 <1712f5377a3833d496845521ecc8634d>, name = "myusername"
2014-10-18 11:56:48  PPP  Warning  ppp1 LCP down
2014-10-18 11:56:48  PPP  Error  ppp1 LCP down
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Need to clarify a matter or two here...
Is there any reference to xDSL down around these log lines?
PPP session being lost on its own - without loss of synch (xDSL) - points to quite different issues than the local line.  If there is no associated xDSL drop, then this is a PPP session management issue.
Are you using the TG router?  If yes, can you look here - http://192.168.1.254/cgi/b/dsl/dt/?be=0&l0=2&l1=0 - when the PPP session is down.  IIRC this should indicate the reason why the PPP session was dropped.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ListerofSmeg
Grafter

I wasn't using the PN router, i was using my own, but I've since swapped with another router: W8950ND and so far there have been no disconnections (touch wood)
JTaylor
Grafter

Hey ListerOfSmeg
Really glad to hear it's all looking good. Let us know if there's anything further we need to look at.
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Hey Jack,
Any way of forcing my profile back up to 2.1Mb Smiley - waiting 10 days is boring 😕
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Any way of forcing my profile back up to 2.1Mb

Hey there, our profile is matched at the moment so not much we can do, we hear where you're coming from though Smiley
Obviously let us know if things don't improve outside of the first 10 days!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi ListerofSmeg.
First thing to say is that all this disconnecting/rebooting of your modem/router will not be doing your profile any good. The exchange DLM will think you have a dropping connection when there is loss of sync if not done gracefully and too frequently in a short timescale so I'd advise you don't do anything more for the time being that will involve loss of sync.
Can you post the current Full DSL stats (including any error figures etc.)?
As you are on a 21CN connection, as for setting your modem/router ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+/Auto don't make any changes just at the moment, let's see the current stats first.
Can you also post the diagnostic results from the BTw Performance test (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
Finally, as you've mentioned a Netgear TP-Link modem/router (and another I believe in another thread), can you check that they both have the latest firmware, but don't upgrade if required until you've posted the current stats etc.
In future, if you need to do anything that involves a loss of sync, use the following Disconnect method -
Log in to the Modem/Router, in the Internet box, click Disconnect to drop the PPP Internet session (this is not the sync), wait about a minute and then power down the Modem/Router. After about another minute you can unplug it from the line.
Do whatever is needed, but stay offline for at least 10 minutes. When you re-connect and power up, Login to the Modem/Router and click Connect to establish a new PPP session.
Don't do this more than 5 times in an hour, then leave it for the rest of the day. This method is to help stop the Exchange DLM from thinking your sync loss was a dropped connection.
If you have a modem/router that doesn't have an interface for you to drop the PPP session, then pull the power plug and wait a minute or two before unplugging from the line.
One further point, especially applicable to very long lines, you will get very small differences in sync speed every time you sync, so just because you get a marginally better sync speed in one situation, it doesn't necessarily mean that situation is better than another situation. It is also generally best to resync in daylight hours when noise levels are generally lower.
Edit: correct name of modem/router!
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Hi Anotherone,
Thanks for your informative post.
Here are the results from the BT Test:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.29 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.8 Mbps-2 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 1.33 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.61Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps
And these are from my router:
Mode: ADSL2
Line Coding: Trellis On
Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 6.0   6.3
Attenuation (dB): 67.0   38.8
Output Power (dBm): 12.9   0.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 2248   716
Rate (Kbps): 1510   715
MSGc (number of bytes in overhead channel message): 11   12
B (number of bytes in Mux Data Frame): 46   44
M (number of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame): 1   2
T (Mux Data Frames over sync bytes): 4   2
R (number of check bytes in FEC Data Frame): 16   14
S (ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length): 0.9902   3.9809
L (number of bits in PMD Data Frame): 509   209
D (interleaver depth): 32   8
Delay (msec): 7   7

Super Frames: 19471766   19280546
Super Frame Errors: 253   4294967263
RS Words: 1324080100   2662852
RS Correctable Errors: 1098953   4294967290
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 4021   N/A

HEC Errors: 199   0
OCD Errors: 37   0
LCD Errors: 0   0
Total Cells: 1167934204   1022141
Data Cells: 278222979   59483
Bit Errors: 0   0

Total ES: 106   0
Total SES: 1   0
Total UAS: 33   0
My router has the latest firmware installed
Anotherone
Champion

Hi there, just a quick question on the stats above, what time of day was it when you connected with that sync? Do you know what the uptime is?
I also note that its showing ADSL2 mode which is interesting, so I guess this W8950ND is currently set on Auto (or ADSL2). I would suggest that you set it on ADSL2 if it has that option) next time you are off-line (note that's not 2+) for the time being. (My apologies for calling it a Netgear as it's a TP-Link! - post above to be edited!)
As far as your current speed goes, not quite as good as the previous modem/router seemed to give but that may be down to current line conditions, so we'll have to see in time. What was the previous modem/router?
Just so you understand how things work, your downstream BT IP Profile is fixed at 88.2% of the sync speed. The Plusnet Current Line speed (Login required) is usually updated (rounded down to nearest 100kBps) to reflect that within 3 hours of receiving a Delta Report from BT's servers. Sometimes that Delta Report doesn't get sent in a timely manner. The download speed is determined by these (the lowest when they don't match). So the recent test is pretty good for the current speed.
Plusnet can't  affect the quality of your line which will be what determines how well it performs, they can reset a line which defaults to a Target SNRM setting of 6dB which yours appears to currently have. The actual SNRM will vary depending on noise conditions at the time.
Plusnet can also set the Current Line Speed to match the BT IP Profile if it didn't update automatically.. HTH.
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Hi there,
My previous router (TD-W8970) actually gave me about the same speed I'm now on but that was causing the net to drop every few hours. So as instructed by Plusnet I set this on ADSL2  but when set to this modulation, it dropped the net to about 1.1, so i set this back to GDMT which went to 1.7ish, but still not 2.1Mb.
The router I'm on now was able to achieve a solid 2.1Mb at a snr of 3dba before the last month when everything started to drop (hence the purchase of a new router)  But as that new router caused me so many disconnections, I have decided to go back to my original (W8950ND)
I was hoping that when the engineer came out last Friday and by re-doing all the wiring and giving me a new box inc an NTE5 Faceplate this would give me my 2.1Mb back, but I'm still stuck on a measly 1.3Mb 😕
Those stats were taken literally a few mins after posting this evening. I cannot find an up time log, but it has been on since Sunday.
Anotherone
Champion

If it's been up since Sunday, that's pretty fair as far as the error figures go considering the length line you have.
The NTE5, did the engineer fit the Mk2 vDSL filtered plate for you?
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Hi there,
What do you mean by pretty fair, will my speed go back to 2.1Mb?
Yes, the BT Engineer did everything.
Edit: I've just checked and I believe it is the Mk2 vDSL