Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Profile Has Changed

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: My Profile Has Changed

Ha, two difficult questions in one  Wink
Whilst I can give an opinion of what might happen, what the exchange DLM decides to make of your line is another matter. There are few quantitative figures regarding errors, never mind when SNRM variations and any losses of sync are taken into account, that give a definitive answer. The precise way in which DLM operates is regarded as commercial in confidence.
Given that you've said it's 3 days the connection has been up, the number of Super Frame (CRC) errors and ES errors are low, as are the RS uncorrectable errors, whilst there quite a few RS correctable errors, they are errors that have been corrected - a lot of lines see these, often at higher levels. That coupled with the download speed compared to the IP profile all suggest that errors are not a problem and IMHO, DLM is likely to lower your Target SNRM to3dB in due course which will allow a faster speed.
However a more definitive answer would be possible if someone form the Plusnet CRT could post your DLM data showing the ILQ (Indicative Line quality), MTBE (meantime between errors)and MTBR (meantime between retrains). If the ILQ is Green and the MTBE & MTBR figures are 86400 then a lowering of the Target will happen.
Whether your line will remain stable with a lower Target SNRM will depend on SNRM variation and any drops in sync.
If you fancy getting a bit more technical with the monitoring (it means leaving the computer on if you want to do so continuously) -
Try RouterStats-Lite from here. Very easy to set up.
Create a folder some where convenient - ideally in root (C:/) so there's no privilege issues. You can create another folder somewhere if you want to save the Captures and Log file in a different one.. Below is my suggested setup -
Do not click on the Start Arrow, bottom left, yet! But it ought to automatically open at the Setup tab the first time anyway. Maximise the RouterStats Window.
First go to the Setup tab, then the Router tab and select your modem/router.
The URL tab should show the path where you get the stats, tick the box for the full path.
On the Login tab, there should be a tick in the box 'Router requires you to login'
The Username will show the default one, which you may have changed
The password may be a default one (unless changed by you) or the one provided with the router originally - note, this is not your broadband password.
On the Graph tab, initially, untick the Adjust axis automatically boxes, you may want to alter the settings later. For the Noise Margin, set the Maximum to 10 and the Minimum to 0. For the Connection Speed set the maximum to 2500, minimum to 0. Tick Noise Margin Vertical Axis 'Plot average value of previous 50 points', but not the Connection Speed average. Remember to click Apply on both boxes (and any other time  you make changes).
In the Sample Interval box choose 'Sample router every 10 seconds' and 'Points per page 720' and click Apply.
Next, go to the Capture tab. Define the folder where you want to save the Captured graphs, this could be the folder where you've installed RSL or better another of your choice. Tick 'Capture noise margin graph images', also tick 'Capture part-graphs when RouterStats-Lite closes'. Tick the other two graphs if you wish.  (The Ping capture setting is not saved on RSL close note).
Go to the Log tab, type the filename you want for the log, e.g. RSLite.txt & then browse to the folder you want to save it in, suggest the same as the graphs, when selected, the full pathname will appear in the box. Comma separated values is selected by default, and log every 1 sample.
Nothing to change on the Appearance tab.
On the System tab, tick 'Minimise to system tray', 'Prompt before closing', 'Show noise margin on tray icon' & 'Show tooltip hints'. If you want the Ping plotter, tick that as well. On the PIng tab you need to specify the IP address to ping - try 212.159.13.49 - one of Plusnet's ntp servers.
You can now go to the Noise Margin tab and click on the green Start button. You should see a Green Camera icon on the LHS showing capture is active.
If you right click on the graph, the drop down menu shows a tick against Capture. You will also see some other handy options you can use at any time, similar on the other graphs.
There is a minor bug in the last few versions where the ping is not being Captured automatically, so if you want one, do a right click Capture now.
Nor is the capture setting saved on RSL close.
Maximise the RouterStats window before Minimising it to the Tray. This ensures captures are at the full screen size showing the most detail (as far as the SNRM is concerned).
HTH.
Edit: Forgot to ask again as you didn't say, what time on Sunday (roughly) did you sync.?
Anotherone
Champion

Just spotted your edit to your previous post, if that's the Mk2 vDSL plate, it will say Mk2 on the top right.
btw, with regard to your log entries http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133150.html and usage http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133123.msg1163705.html#msg1163705, have you checked your Plusnet Broadband Firewall?
Please reply here rather than in either of the other threads, it's often best to keep all the problems together as they help form a better picture.
Which modem/router was it that had the log entries?
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm so happy you're trying your best to help me out and thank you for all your input, i hope we can get to the bottom of this.
I'm going to run that tool all day (whilst at work) and will post the results this evening.
I changed the router about midday on Sunday and it's been on since.
PS Could someone at Plusnet reply to this please?
Given that you've said it's 3 days the connection has been up, the number of Super Frame (CRC) errors and ES errors are low, as are the RS uncorrectable errors, whilst there quite a few RS correctable errors, they are errors that have been corrected - a lot of lines see these, often at higher levels. That coupled with the download speed compared to the IP profile all suggest that errors are not a problem and IMHO, DLM is likely to lower your Target SNRM to3dB in due course which will allow a faster speed.
However a more definitive answer would be possible if someone form the Plusnet CRT could post your DLM data showing the ILQ (Indicative Line quality), MTBE (meantime between errors)and MTBR (meantime between retrains). If the ILQ is Green and the MTBE & MTBR figures are 86400 then a lowering of the Target will happen.
And my faceplate doesn't have any writing on it but BT 😕
AndyT
Grafter

Hi ListerofSmeg,
The DLM data on your circuit was last updated yesterday morning:
Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 1728
Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 1382
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400
Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 3600
Indicative Line Quality: G
Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 5400
The ILQ is reporting as green, but there were still some evidence of errors being detected.  The current SNR target is 6db with a sync rate of 1510kbps.  I wouldn't usually recommend a target of 3db on a line as long as yours, but if the connection has remained stable with that target before then we could try reducing the target manually at the end of your 10 day stabilisation period if you'd like.
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Cheers for the info Andy
@ Anotherone
I had left that program running all day, is there somewhere I can upload the files to that you recommend?
I've also noticed my speed has increased but my profile is still set as 1.3 according to BT & Plusnet
SNR Margin (dB): 6.1  5.9
Attenuation (dB): 65.5  38.8
Output Power (dBm): 12.8  0.0
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 2640  700
Rate (Kbps): 2083  699
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
Your (BT) profile is 1750k at the moment. Ours was 1300k. I've changed it, and so you should see the slight increase the next time you connect.

Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Cheers plusnettony,
When you say 'next time you connect' do you mean reboot the router? as I'm reluctant in doing this with the issues I've already had 😕
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I just mean to log into the router, disconnect and reconnect (rather than reboot).
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

I've had a good look, but my router doesn't seem to have a disconnect button 😕
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Log on to the routers web page
See handbook  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

I've gone through the manual, i cannot see it - http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/20106295240815.pdf
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'll do a 'session kill' for you. I will do this from BT's network so that DLM doesn't kick in.
Tony.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I'm not using my TPlink at the mo an my dialogue screens were different
I note page 20 save/ reboot button  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
ListerofSmeg
Grafter

Cheers Tony,
It's odd that this router doesn't have that option as I've seen it on others
Anotherone
Champion

Hi ListerofSmeg,
As far as uploading attachments, if you are typing in the Quick Reply box and you then click Preview, or if you use the Reply button, centre, just below the previous post, you'll see a + Additional Options and Attachments, click on that, you can then browse to where you've saved the graphs.
And thanks for the DLM data AndyT and other help & info Tony  Smiley