cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line disconnets and target SNR goes down !

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Line disconnets and target SNR goes down !

If you could post full stats, that might give a better idea how your line is performing.
Open a cmd prompt box from the run box on the start menu by typing cmd in the box. Then in the window type telnet 192.168.1.254 , you'll then need to enter the login name and password for the Billion.
Once you have logged in type adsl info --stats and hit return. When the results are on the screen you have to copy and paste into a post. Do do this, right click on the results and select Mark. Now move the cursor to the start of the area you want to copy and hold down the left mouse key and drag the cursor to the bottom of the RH corner of the area to copy so that all the area is highlighted, then release the left key. Then do 1 right click and don't click anything else until you are at the post reply box.
Then right click and select Paste.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Your line profile has updated at 2:30am so it's now matching aligned to your sync rate.
yakzil
Grafter

That's good news, download is now around 3.6 which is a little bit higher than my historic 3.2, but this may well be due to the lower SNRM.  One final query, the router reports ADSL2 rather than 2+, is this because the router has decided that provides the best connection or is this done at the MSAN ?. On the same theme is there any point in checking Annex L or Annex M in the router ADSL set up, or does the router automatically choose the best one.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This can be set at the MSAN, but it can also be set by the modem/router automatically or manually. If you are on a longer line and the higher tones are unusable, it will be set as ADSL2 rather than +, or on very long lines ADSL1 and on some of these longest lines it can pay to set it to ADSL1 manually for better stability.
Edit: Oh, Annex M (and L) has to be set at the MSAN. Plusnet only provision Annex M on business lines. I don't think Annex L is available on BTw provisioned circuits or at all in the UK, but in any event why would you want it, your line isn't long enough. You'll have to move to Australia.
yakzil
Grafter

Thanks for that.  Think I'll skip moving to Australia.  One of the things I find irritating about router set up is that there is really no definitive information on stuff like phyr, sra, let alone the real benefits (if any) of matching router/DSLAM.chipsets.  You can trawl the forums and come up with just about any opinion you want.  It seems to me that between the ISP's/BTw and router manufacturers you should be able to come up with a table which says whether the exchange needs to be enabled, whether a particular chipset needs to be installed at the exchange DSLAM/MSAN etc for the function to work.