FIXED
Junkman
Rising Star

Re: Idiot's guide to bridge mode

Yes I saved them. Just checked and the setting is set to Yes
Junkman
Rising Star

It was definitely working at first as I got the connection up as a visitor arrived at 1545 and there is a trace then. It lost it when I disconnected to tidy up the cables about 1715. Rebooting the Hub 2 doesn't help
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 415

@Junkman Is the DMZ set in the Hub 2 ? if so then check that WAN ping is enabled on the Billion

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 82

@MisterW 

if so then check that WAN ping is enabled on the Billion

After a night sleeps that is my thinking as well, inbound pings are going to the device defined in the DMZ

Junkman
Rising Star

Morning chaps,

The DMZ is on in the Hub 2 and the Billion IP address is in it.  And block WAN Ping was already disabled on the Billion (see screenshot attached) so it can't be that I'm afraid

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 82

Morning,

Maybe try turning off "Allow incoming ping requests to the Hub's public IP address" on the Hub Two, provided a device in the DMZ is enabled for WAN ping reply the BQM should work.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Junkman Can you do a screenshot of the DMZ setting in the HUb 2 please ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Junkman
Rising Star

@MisterW screenshot attached.

@Dan_the_Van just did that but will be a little while before I can see if it's had any effect on BQM

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Junkman sorry to be a pain but could you do another one with the Show IP button checked ?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Just for reference , theres a thread here regarding PQM pings and the Hub 2 https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Plusnet-Hub-2-Incoming-Ping/td-p/1850036

As we suspected It SHOULD work either with ping enabled on the Hub 2 OR with DMZ and ping enabled on the 8800

Junkman
Rising Star

@MisterW  not a pain at all - attached

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Junkman well that certainly looks right to me, that IP agrees with the WAN IP that the 8800 had yesterday and I see no reason why that would have changed.

Did @Dan_the_Van s suggestion

Maybe try turning off "Allow incoming ping requests to the Hub's public IP address" on the Hub Two, provided a device in the DMZ is enabled for WAN ping reply the BQM should work.

have any effect ?

Junkman
Rising Star

@MisterW unfortunately still solid red on the BQM chart.  As I said yesterday I think it worked for about 2 hours after I got the connection up.  Probably went red after I'd disconnected again to sort out all the cabling. 

I'm synced at 25.8 this morning but can't tell if DLM reset last night without the BQM 😕.  I was synced at 32+ with just the Billion.  Of course be good to get the BQM back before I talk to Plusnet on Monday. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

but can't tell if DLM reset last night without the BQM

@Junkman yes you can, you can look at the Hub 2 event log. IIRC its advanced-troubleshooting-technical log. You can even export it as a csv and post it here if you need help in reading it.

Junkman
Rising Star

@MisterW  unfortunately the Event Log only goes back to when I booted my laptop this morning