cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get PN to actually do something ?

daveg6hni
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

How do you get PN to actually do something ?

I am really getting annoyed with PN, I have been suffering from an intermittent line fault for several months now, but it only appears one weekend in 4, each time I have had to create a new fault and each time PN ignore all that has gone before.
I used to sync at 14Mbps and download at 12Mbps, but first they insisted on enabling Interlacing, that had no effect on the fault, but dropped my sync speed and increased my ping.
Then they tweaked my SNR Margin such that I can now only sync at 11Mbps and download at 9Mbps and still the fault appears randomly approx once every 4 weeks. Before enabling Interlacing they agreed to remove it if it did not solve the problem, which it hasn't.
I have waited a whole week for them to reply to my request to remove Interlacing and reset my SNR Margin so that I can once again get the most out of my connection, only to get the reply below, which totally ignores my requests and just contains a few stock answers that are designed to try an fob me off.
This type of response really infuriates me, clearly the PN operative is not the least bit interested in my problems and just wants to get through as many user questions as possible. This is not what I have come to expect from PN, but if this is the sort of level of service (or lack of) that I can now expect, then I think it’s probably time to leave PN, it has been 13 years after all !
PN Reply - which totally ignores my requests, also ignores the speed I used to get before they started meddling with the line and spouts "within acceptable limits", well it is NOT within my acceptable limits and as I am the customer who's paying for the service my acceptable limits are the only ones that matters...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr xxxxxx,
Thank you for getting back to us.

Many apologies that you had to re-raise the fault ticket with us. The tickets are automatically closed after 14 days of inactivity.

Further diagnostics on your line are showing that you are staying connected to the Internet and your connection speed is within the acceptable limits for your line (Line length estimated: 2049m). Current sync speed is 12Mbps, the line profile is set to 10Mbps.

Our supplier's line tests indicate that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 5.5Mbps and an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 7Mbps. The speed that you are getting at the moment is above those estimated figures.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxx
67 REPLIES 67
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How do you get PN to actually do something ?

@aveg6hni
I'm really sorry to read about this, the reply doesn't address what you've asked so I've made sure that feedack will be given as that's way short of the mark of customer service we want to give.
I've assigned your ticket to an experienced faults agent and have made sure we'll address all the points you've raised.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

Should you be employing inexperienced ones?
waltdav
Grafter

If nobody ever employed inexperienced ones, there would be no experienced ones for anybody to employ.
Think on't!
Smiley
nozzer
Hero

There's a big difference between letting inexperienced ones loose on the world and training them up to be experienced ones.
Moncrieffe500
Grafter

raise a ticket?
nozzer
Hero

He already did! That's why he's saying what he's saying.
Moncrieffe500
Grafter

daveg6hni
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@aveg6hni
I'm really sorry to read about this, the reply doesn't address what you've asked so I've made sure that feedack will be given as that's way short of the mark of customer service we want to give.
I've assigned your ticket to an experienced faults agent and have made sure we'll address all the points you've raised.

Sounds great but a week later and I get this reply from someone who clearly hasn't even read this ticket fully, let alone any of the others over the past 5 months I have been having this problem !
Quick fault history before PN's latest reply...
Back in October & most of November my Sync Speed was 14.414Mbps, IP Profile was >12.212Mbps and every speed check I did said I could download at 12.1Mbps
Now I can't even sync at 12Mbps, 11.5 seems to be max reliable sync, my IP profile is stuck at 10.5 and if I'm luck I can download at 9Mbps, allthough last night it had dropped to 500K. I avoided restarting the router as each time I do that my IP profiles drops still further.

Dear Mr XXXXX,
Thank you for your message and again I apologise that you feel the speeds are not correct. A REIN check has not been done on the line as with the speeds at their current levels, we would be unable to raise a fault to our suppliers. We have noted that along with your recent speed test which did show a very low throughput speed, there are a number of errored seconds on the line which can point to an issue with either internal wiring or the router. {I have no internal wiring, 3rd time of stateing it}
Please can you confirm if another router has been tested as if this is faulty, this could be keeping the speeds low. {this is the 3rd time I have been asked this and the answer is still YES}
Unfortunately, the sync speeds could have dropped due to further users being added at your exchange and as long as the sync speeds stay above the estimated speeds for your circuit our suppliers would not be obliged to investigate this as a fault. {Is that true, will my sync speed drop due to contension ?}
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
XXXXXXXX
Now I now I should be thankful that I can get even 9Mbps compared to what others have to suffer, but having enjoyed 12.1 for most of the time since I upgraded to 21CN, I don't see why I should accept this 20% reduction just because it is within BT's acceptable limits - I pay the damn bill so it is whether or not it is within my acceptable limits that counts not BT's ! I really get annoyed when PN quote that standard phrase in an nattempt to fob you off, unfortunately with me it just makes me mad and I now won't drop it. Hope the spelling is OK too wound up to bother checking b4 posting.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dave.G6HNI,
Thanks for your time on the phone. Please let me know when you're in the test socket and I'll take it from there.
Jojo Smiley
daveg6hni
Rising Star

OK, Hi JoJo,  I have reconnected directly to the Test Socket in my LineBox with only the DrayteK Vigor 2820n router connected, no phone.
I have just done a BT speed test, so hopefully you can see those results. Current SNR Margin is bouncing between 5 & 6 dBi
I have also done a Speedtest.net test with the following results

I have also attached a router status and a couple of images that show previous tests.
Regards Dave.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, I can see you've talked to one of our faults advisers today and things seem to be in hand. Hope that's the case, please let us know if not or if anything changes and we'll get onto it for you.
daveg6hni
Rising Star

Hi, I'm not sure what changes you have been tring JoJo, but during the day Friday (9am - 5pm) I was downloading at about 10.4Mbps, but Friday evening until now (10am Sunday), it has dropped back to 9,8Mbps Huh
I have done a couple of BT Tests as well, but I can't see any difference in my IP Profile or my sync speed which have been 10.6 & 12.02Mbps all the time, with the SNRM steady at 6dBi Huh
Also I am still connected to the test socket
Dave.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not really sure what that could be, Dave Smiley
daveg6hni
Rising Star

Hi, I have switched routers last night, just to confirm that it is not my Draytek Vigor 2820n at fault, so I'm currently using a Linksys AM200, still only syncing at 12636Kbps, 6dBi SNRM Huh