cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get PN to actually do something ?

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: How do you get PN to actually do something ?

Hi Dave,
I've not been looking at this since my last reply so will have a bit of catching up to do. To be honest, I don't see a problem with the way Vanessa is dealing with this, she's merely stating facts. I've not been told not to comment, I've been working in other areas. I can understand your frustration, but as I said in my previous post we have to take things one step at a time, and although you are not currently seeing the speeds you have had in the past I was wondering how the current speed of 9Mbps or so is impeding your experience?
As I said before, we will do everything we can.
I'll update you if I hear anymore.
Jojo
daveg6hni
Rising Star

Hi JoJo,
I have asked for Vanessa to be replaced, I have no confidence in her ability, or interest in resolving my issues.
I don't think here is the right place to go into the other issues I have with her.
I still maintain that this pair/line is inferior to the one I was on previously and would like to be put on at least as good as the one I was on originally.
However, I am reluctantly prepared (not that I've been given a choice) to wait until a few weekends have gone by, to see if it resolves the problem I originally opened the ticket about, i.e. the totally dropping out until 7:20pm one weekend in 4.
Also I don’t want to be forced to open another ticket, when I suffer a weekend glitch, in a few weeks time.
But as I stated previously, I would rather suffer 1 day a month of hassle and have a stable 12Mbps line the rest of the time, that suffer a >10Mbps all the time 24/7/365.
Re ”I was wondering how the current speed of 9Mbps or so is impeding your experience?”
Well just in the same way as if I was deprived of my mobile phone, or my car, once you have become accustom to and even rely on something, if you are then deprived of it you, find it hard to cope without it. Don’t forget this was not the original fault, this new problem is a direct result of BT/PN’s intervention, albeit in an attempt to resolve a minor irritation, but PN have ended up given me a major irritation.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Dave
I have asked for Vanessa to be replaced, I have no confidence in her ability, or interest in resolving my issues.

To be fair, I think that's very harsh. Having spoken to her manager - the same person you spoke to, who also assured you that not only had she done everything expected of her but she had spent a considerable amount of time understanding the history of the problem, something that someone else will now have to do.
I don't think here is the right place to go into the other issues I have with her.

If you have other issues with her, I imagine you mentioned these to her manager, and after a discussion with him he doesn't have any issues with her handling of your issue.
I still maintain that this pair/line is inferior to the one I was on previously and would like to be put on at least as good as the one I was on originally.

There's no guarantees that moving you to another pair would result in a better performance. This is something I discussed with the faults manager.
Re ”I was wondering how the current speed of 9Mbps or so is impeding your experience?”
Well just in the same way as if I was deprived of my mobile phone, or my car, once you have become accustom to and even rely on something,

I'm not sure how much 9Mbps is impeding your experience, although I agreed that it's not the speed you had before.
Jojo
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
Post removed as it was a personal attack on a Plusnet staff member.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
daveg6hni
Rising Star

So that's how it goes then, PN tell me lies in an attempt to fob me off with lame excuses, as to why they won't sort out my fault, I challange their lies and back it up with evidense and my post gets removed.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Please read the clearly explained moderator's note regarding why your post was removed.
There is NO conspiracy here, just keep your post within the rules and they will not be removed.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
martynsingleton
Grafter

So that's how it goes then, PN tell me lies in an attempt to fob me off with lame excuses, as to why they won't sort out my fault, I challange their lies and back it up with evidense and my post gets removed.

id cut your losses and jump ship, PN either strangle you with capped downloads or give you constant connection issues  both of which I have had, and after spending 2 painfulll months and being over charged for using over my ridiculously low cap i am glad to say i have a mac code and im off.... BT do a great uncapped unlimited fibre, oh with 6mb up speeds too..
better the devil you know !
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Dave.G6HNI,
I'm not sure if you've seen this morning's update to your fault ticket but a manager is monitoring your account now and I can see that the connection has been up for over 24 hours now which is good news.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team