Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Routerstats to work.Please help

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Cannot get Routerstats to work.Please help

OK, haven't noticed any sticking here, you've remembered to reset the Sample Time to 10secs on the Bitloading>Options tab? The graphs don't automatically move back to the current time frame until the next sample.
Just to be clear, you said "Unfortunately I get the same result."  Do you mean you are still getting zero's on the graphs? And you also had the same with RouterStatsLite and you are still getting this?
If the answer is Yes, make sure that you've got the login correct, the username should be admin (not the Default Administrator that pops up in RS) and check your password is correct, as per the plastic card (unless you've changed it).
If all that's OK, the only other thoughts are check your Firewall(s) aren't blocking it's access to the LAN, maybe AV as well.
If you used each of your old .ini files (for both RS & RSL) there maybe some corruption and there is certainly changes for RSL. As tedious as it is, if things still aren't working, I'd rename both .ini files and start from scratch and redo all the setup & configuration  Sad
jjaycee1
Grafter

Sample time is set to 10sec. Yes I get zeros on RX and Sync speed. By dragging I mean moving the the actual programme from middle of screen to the left of screen. Log in is correct. By "sticking" I mean that if I ckick on one of the RS tabs it takes forever to open and also to shut. This never happened before, it was always done in an instant. Firewall (windows) I have switched to off but still no joy. The delay in clicking on tabs is a concern as it should be instant, and also why is my Router Stats web page showing my info. Thankfully it is as it is the only monitor I have of my Noise and Sync speed details. It never worked before in either version g but did since I reinstalled it a few days ago, and now it is working in h.
I will try and delete the ini.
jjaycee1
Grafter

Forgot to mention the Firmware is 8.4.4.J
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just a thought
Close routerstats then telnet into the router
You may get a popup about no telnet sessions being available - you would then need to disable a telnet session
Anotherone
Champion

That's a thought JIm, but that would be strange with the Router timeout set to one minute after closing RouterStats, unless for some reason he's opened several Telnet sessions just before, which would surprise me!
This is a bit odd, sorry I misunderstood what you meant by sticking etc. By "Router Stats web page" do you mean the 4th tab along that says <Router Stats page> and it's showing the TG582n data from the web login which it didn't used to do? - That was a program change, can't remember exactly when.
On the Configuration >System tab - on the RH List - Are you actually using the Web Server?
On the LH list at the top, change Start sample timer automatically after to "10" seconds, and see if that makes any difference.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

The router only allows one telnet session
A BSOD would close routerstats without closing the telnet session
This thread explains http://vwlowen.m3ezw.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=407&sid=a402ef3e1090defc9e3b26fb5b67e333
Note that the earlier version of routerstats disables the session timeout
Anotherone
Champion

Yes I remember that, but I'm not so sure a BSOD is as nice as you say (close routerstats) but point taken, there could be open Telnet sessions (the 582n does allow 2 sessions though). Corrupted .ini files are also a possibility, but it's been bugging me why both RSL & RS aren't returning data, Telnet sessions may be the answer.
jjaycee1
Grafter

Oldjim: do not know how I would telnet into the router, please advise.
Anotherone: Yes to 4th tab along. Use web page was ticked, but not now and no difference. 4th tab still showing my web page. Changed Start sample to 10 secs.
Programme still not working.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Open a command prompt via the following
Windows start menu
All programs
Accessories
Command Prompt
Alternative method of getting to the Command Prompt - if the run option in Win 7 has been enabled
Windows start menu
Click on Run then type cmd.exe in the box which pops up
In the window type
telnet 192.168.1.254
It will ask for Username which is admin
Then password which is the router access password
If telnet works you will see this
Anotherone
Champion

And if you get that Type <exit> without the <> to leave the session.
If sessions aren't available you will get something similar to the following (port numbers will likely be different) -
Session 1 in use by 'admin' logged in from 192.168.1.xx port 1030
Session 2 in use by 'admin' logged in from 192.168.1.xx port 4774
Hit Return to list sessions & scan for a free one
Or type the number of the session you want to kill

Edit: If you get a Telnet prompt, always type <exit> without<> to leave the session. Thereafter running the latest RouterStats with the suggested settings should deal with this problem (unless you have another BSOD in which case you'll have to come and kill a session).
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I have never had to do that in Win 7 as it always seems to kill the session when the command prompt is closed
jjaycee1
Grafter

I get:
No more sessions
Connection to Host lost
Should I activate Telnet server, I have only Telnet Client activated. My Login router address in RS shows as: telnet://192.168.1.254/
Should it be that or http://192.168.1.254/ with or without the forward slash at the end?
Anotherone
Champion

Yes it should be telnet: for the login with the /
Have you tried RS once more just to see if the Telnet sessions have been killed and it now works?
jjaycee1
Grafter

I had RS on when I did the telnet check. Should it have been off? Different problem:The sun causes my Noise Margin to drop. When overcast runs at 6db sun comes out drops into the 4db range !!
jjaycee1
Grafter

Switched off RS and did the telnet thing in Command prompt:
session 1 in use by "admin" on 192.168.1.73:1100
session 2 in use by "admin" on 192.168.1.73:1115