Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus N66U Users Thread

TBag
Grafter

Re: Asus N66U Users Thread

@chuckster
No I do not log in from multiple devices. Just my laptop. The only thing I do not do is logout from the router. I just kill the browser, but then I assume killing the browser would log me out, and any session in the router would drop out in 30 minutes.
TBag
Grafter

I'm going to upgrade the router fw to Asus fw version 354 here. I'm hoping that it's a software bug, and could be cured by a simple fw upgrade.
Bright
Grafter

@TBag
Just been doing some experiments and I managed to reproduce your problem. Which browser are you using?
Also, when I asked if you were using the same browser each time, what I meant was, are you logging in with one browser, then quitting it and next time attempting to log in with the same browser again? Or with a different browser?
Bright
Grafter

Correction: I thought I had reproduced it but discovered the bookmark for my router in one of my browsers had the wrong IP address, so it was just hanging. Oops!  Embarrassed
Yes, I'd definitely suggest updating the firmware. It looks like a bug. I see Asus has released the 5.354 firmware on Friday, which seems to be a later version than the 4.352 Beta version AndyH was testing. Let us know how you get on, TBag...
TBag
Grafter

I do not think it's a browser problem Bright. I'm using Safari on Macbook, but I've also used Firefox on the Mac. I do login each time with the same browser. I use Safari all the time.
I'm trying to download 5.354, having some issues there, maybe Asus server is congested. I'll report back how I get on with 354.
thomasjc1
Grafter

How do you clear nvram on the router I have read you can do it with wps button you power off  router hold wps button power on router light flashes let go of button is that correct
TBag
Grafter

Bright
Grafter

@TBag
Agree - not a browser problem. See my correction. What I have noticed is that logging out of the admin page doesn't do anything. If I log out, close the browser, open the browser and go to the admin page again, I'm still logged in!
thomasjc1
Grafter

Quote from: TBag
Link

Thanks mate
TBag
Grafter

Quote from: Bright
@TBag
Agree - not a browser problem. See my correction. What I have noticed is that logging out of the admin page doesn't do anything. If I log out, close the browser, open the browser and go to the admin page again, I'm still logged in!

Yes I've noticed that too. May be logging out just clears the nvram, so the router knows that there's no one logged in, but still keeps the login credentials intact. I'm just guessing. I'll be logging out from the router from now on. Just hoping to nip this problem within the 14 days allowed for replacement/refund  Sad
thomasjc1
Grafter

since having fibre for around a month the highest speed i have got is 73.5 its 73 something all the time, now i just changed the firmware  to 3.0.0.5.354 and with bt speedtester i had this
Download speedachieved during the test was - 74.41 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-77.44 Mbps .
Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 77.44 Mbps
ive noticed i dont have the connection toggle again since changing firmware (when you click on the globe)
Bright
Grafter

The new firmware claims to have improved PPPoE performance, so that probably explains the extra throughput you're achieving. Good news!
I think the "connection toggle" was a Merlin feature, so you'll need to wait until Merlin updates his firmware and bases it on the Asus 5.354. I'm sure that will happen, not sure of the timescale though.
TBag
Grafter

Connection toggle is there on the 354 when you click the globe, well at least that's what I think the toggle is  Smiley
It's a slider, slide it to ON or OFF, and that's how it was on Merlin fw
thomasjc1
Grafter

hmmmmmm i dont have it
Bright
Grafter

I noticed over on the SmallNetBuilder forum, the current view seems to be that Asus might have made a mistake and released an incorrect firmware version. The "expected" release was 4.354. The 5.354 is thought to be a beta release, which includes the dual WAN feature and this has been released by mistake. If that is the case, Asus will probably withdraw the 5.354 release on Monday (Taiwan time) and put out the correct release. So I wouldn't rush to update the firmware until it becomes clear if this is the correct release Wink