cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

graham
Grafter

Re: VAT Increase & Price Changes - January 2011

I too have woken up this morning to find that next year I will be £6.50 a month worse off (unlimited and credit card) and echo the comment made about the way you are treating loyal customers. I've been with Plusnet (Force9) for 10 years or so and maybe it's now time to move on.
I do have a question though. If I swap to another product, Plusnet Extra for instance, will I still be able to keep my hosted websites/domains with Plusnet and all that, that offers, or will 'legacy' website hosting suddenly become chargable or be dropped all together in the near future?
Lynda
Grafter

Can someone please advise whether it's better to move now to the Anytime package already existing to get my 300 International minutes or should I wait for the "new" Anytime ? I'm totally confused now. Which is cheapest, please-does anyone know ?
Cheers, Lynda~
Roll_eyes
john50
Grafter

Vat changes fair enough
The other changes are out of order!!
Alxns
Grafter

Quote from: Wheel_nut
                           PlusNet        BT      BT Annual TalkTalk LLU
Contract                   10 day       12 Month Rolling        18 Month
Line Rental               11.99      13.29            9.99          12.04
Incl Anytime Calls      3.50        4.99             4.99           4.00
International                1.50       4.99             4.99           2.00
Caller ID                     0.99       0.00             0.00           0.00
Basic Broadband       12.99     13.99           13.99           6.99

Total                        30.97      37.26           33.96         25.03

Well i'll be honest
i'm also a customer with talktalk and there online support is fantastic just stay away from the phones
the speed is great triple what i had with PN  
and also cheaper than my current package with plusnet theres not much stopping me from switching tbh a part from the usage limit my current package is on which i like
good thing is i'm moving soon to a "faster" area so hopefully pn can provide me with what i need.
Bud
Grafter

Quote from: Lynda
Can someone please advise whether it's better to move now to the Anytime package already existing to get my 300 International minutes or should I wait for the "new" Anytime ? I'm totally confused now. Which is cheapest, please-does anyone know ?
Cheers, Lynda~
Roll_eyes

If you switch to the current anytime product you will be paying £5.00 for it and for that you will get 300 international minutes included.
If you wait for the new anytime product (from the 4th of January) you will be paying £3.50 a month for it, not get any included international minutes but a 25% discount off international calls to the destinations listed at https://www.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone_jan11.html
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I was thinking of switching my phone to PN.  One thing that has put me off is the problems PN always seems to have on billing.  Now they've introduced a package that seems far from competitive and not easy to understand Undecided
sticksman
Grafter

Unlimited cost up 25%......!!

Are you seriously refelecting a 2.5% increase in VAT with a 25% increase in subs. That's 10 times as much for heaven's sake.  What are you on? 
amg

We use mozilla thunderbird as e-mail client and it seems convinced the latest e-mail is a scam- with links to a site "impersonating" plus net. Just looked on the forum for info. on that. But by the look of this thread it appears genuine.
sticksman
Grafter

Thank goodness the e-mail is a scam, I couldn't believe there was going to be a 25% increase in my unlimited package and that it was based on a 2.5% VAT rise. Do I assume now that my monthly fee will increase from £20.42 to £20.93 and not £25.42. Times are hard enough for us pensioners and 2011 could see a real reduction in our living standards.  If companies start to get on the "austerity" bandwagon and raise their charges in line with cuts in public services we are in for a really hard time - and where would broadband be on our list of priorities? Anyway he e-mail is a scam so I can assume Plusnet haven't lost the plot after all.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Just seen a copy of the email sent to my daughter, who is on Talk Evenings & Weekends. It explains all about the option to switch to the new Anytime, but nowhere is there any mention of the possibility to switch to the old Anytime.
Yes, I know it's in the FAQs, but it seems a disingenuous email to me. Sad
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
mitchell20
Grafter

Come on then Plus net, you claim you are honest and open about anything.  Answer this question:

How much does it actually cost you (per customer) to process credit card and debit cards?
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I mentioned in an earlier post that we paid 1.6% on credit cards and around 50p per £100 on debit cards.  PN will not be paying more.
I would be interested to hear the actual figures.
nadger
Rising Star

I'm on Evenings & Weekends and the new price of £11.99 is a £0.50 increase over the actual VAT increase - also there's a reduction in the hours I can make free calls as this now starts at 7pm which I think is in line with BT. The 300 free minutes has gone and other tariffs have increased so 18185 get more business.
idlewis
Grafter

I said in a threadt on the feedback section a few days ago that there are better value home phone deals like utility warehouse, the post office and primus saver.  Compare them and see if it does suit your needs.
Not applicable

Well, it is so confusing and by the looks of things I am not alone in thinking this.
For instance, all my referrals are using Anytime Homephone.  AFAIK none of them make international calls.
Please can someone clarify this for me before I advise them to register interest in the new one?:
Current Anytime = £11.25 line rental + £5 calls            Total £16.25
New Anytime =      £11.99 line rental + £3.50 calls       Total £15.49  (with three months of free calls thereby only paying line rental).
All addons such as caller display will stay the same.
Just a couple more (broadband) questions - how much will Value broadband be and how much will Extra broadband be?