cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long and thanks for all the fish...

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: So long and thanks for all the fish...

I don't think PN will be worried by numbers - They're rumoured to have around 1 Million customer of which only 30,000 are registered to use the forums and the number of active participants is much lower than this.  Even if every forum member migrated away it barely makes a dent in their numbers...
GeordieMark
Grafter

Quote from: pwatson
I don't think PN will be worried by numbers -
Even if every forum member migrated away it barely makes a dent in their numbers...

Backs up the theory they only care about customer numbers, not support / customer satisfaction etc
chrcoluk
Grafter

I will miss the smilies on here Smiley
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Quote from: catelliott
@Hairy McBiker I'm just getting clarification regarding this, please bear with me Smiley

So a week goes by and still NO ANSWER
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Apologies that this was never picked up.
Unfortunately, it's strictly 30 days upon receipt of the email, even if LRS is in play.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
HairyMcbiker
All Star

SO yet again you are PUNISHING people who PAID in ADVANCE, keeping us in a contract ?
Time to contact TRADING STANDARDS AND CITIZENS ADVICE on this I think.
Estragon
Rising Star

How are they punishing you?
You entered into a 12-month contract at a fixed price. They are not making you pay extra. They are adhering to the contract made with you, and you have to do the same.
If you are trying to leverage a standard line rental increase in September, and what your next 12-month LRS would cost, in order to get a quick penalty-free release from a broadband contract, you haven't a leg to stand on.
Technically it is only people on either a current standard line rental plus broadband rental or retention deal on the same bundle that the Ofcom getout applies to. It is based on price rises within contract that are materially detrimental to the customer but they have to pay if they stay. For example, simple retail price based increases are specifically not regarded as materially detrimental. I know this increase is well above that, but I was illustrating that in each individual user's case the increase has to be detrimental to them.
This rise is in no way detrimental to you. If you've had a getout email, lucky you. Strictly speaking, you weren't entitled to it.
HairyMcbiker
All Star

They ARE making us pay extra, since if we want to MOVE now we will LOOSE money (the LRS paid in ADVANCE), however if it had been a 12 month fix price contract paid monthly then there would be NO loss.
Anyway no more about it in this thread.
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
Technically it is only people on either a current standard line rental plus broadband rental or retention deal on the same bundle that the Ofcom getout applies to. It is based on price rises within contract that are materially detrimental to the customer but they have to pay if they stay. For example, simple retail price based increases are specifically not regarded as materially detrimental. I know this increase is well above that,

Common misconception. In truth, the Ofcom guidance specifically says the opposite. If Plusnet had decided to increase prices in line with RPI, this would be (quite rightly) classed as materially detrimental.
And anybody with a phone or phone+broadband contract is entitled to leave without penalty, such is the detail and extent of the price changes.
Estragon
Rising Star

Please link to the Ofcom guidance. Someone, maybe you, quoted from it a week or so ago but didn't respond when asked for the link :).
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: g1000

Common misconception. In truth, the Ofcom guidance specifically says the opposite. If Plusnet had decided to increase prices in line with RPI, this would be (quite rightly) classed as materially detrimental.

Not if they tell you when you sign up that RPI increases are going to happen, which is what mobile providers now do as this then isn't 'unexpected'
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
g1000
Grafter

@Estragon If you don't know how to find the Ofcom guidance, then what was your source of information? I take "specifically" to mean specified somewhere? Anyway, you can just use google to find the guidance in 5 secs I should think Smiley
@dvorak Yes, but I don't think I said any different. There is a big difference between a provider deciding to increase a price vs. carrying out what was already agreed by both parties. We are talking about Plusnet here, and their unilateral decision to increase prices. Even in the case of a contractually agreed price rise, RPI has no special bearing, it is not classed as materially detrimental for the same reason a rise of £5/month, 30% or 300% is not classed as materially detrimental.
Estragon
Rising Star

Thank you for being so helpful. My  first thought is that you must therefore be on dodgy ground.
I do have the current General Conditions, but those aren't "Ofcom Guidance". Nor as I recall do they cover this point. But I've only read in detail GC22, and that was a few days ago. Phones etc. are another load of regulations.
However, the matter in question is in any case more to do with Consumer Regulation.
Maybe I'll bother to deal with it later. Checking both
g1000
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
Thank you for being so helpful. My  first thought is that you must therefore be on dodgy ground.
I do have the current General Conditions, but those aren't "Ofcom Guidance". Nor as I recall do they cover this point. But I've only read in detail GC22, and that was a few days ago. Phones etc. are another load of regulations.

So, you haven't even read the relevant rule, let alone the accompanying guidance, you can't say where you got your information from and you are not interested in looking up the true source for yourself.
Why then are you going around on a whim in the first place telling people they don't have certain rights or not entitled to things, and Plusnet are allowed to do this, that and the other? I find that very strange. Very strange indeed.
I think it very helpful to correct such misinformation, personally, and I won't be intimidated from doing it.
Estragon
Rising Star

Except for some very strange reason, possibly some personality defect, you are unwilling to provide a source link for your claimed correct information.