cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any capacity issues?

AndyH
Grafter

Re: Any capacity issues?

Or the parts of the network in question aren't monitored by AAISP (they only monitor areas they have users on).
Anyone been able to check with friends/neighbours with 21CN ISPs on the same exchange?
deathtrap
Grafter

Well i for one haven't see reports from customers of other ISP's apart from a few  earlier on in the month from BT retail,
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Chris
Update to the others in this thread:
We've continued looking at this from multiple angles and our testing is pointing towards SVLAN usage. We can't see anything wrong with our network, endpoints etc.
snip/... /snip
The SVLAN reports updated earlier this week and we've been through KBD tests with the above results showing.
And we've just checked a secondary data source and they *aren't* all amber. We're still investigating anyway!

Do I not count?   Cry
 I did a whole page full of fairly extensive tests for you showing progress throughout the nite.   Because I was being nice and trying to be patient is that why mine were totally ignored?
This is tonight. (central11.pcl-bng01)

Also attached http download - you can see how poor things are.    Im on a full 80/20 sync, but during peak I only seem to be able to get 20-30Mbps max.    
afaik Im on SFBB00004858 which is BLUE
---
Edited to add central no
leader
Grafter

Does seem these days if you poilte & nice things get "missed/overlooked"  Embarrassed
Where would pn users be with out aaisp looking into things.......  Undecided
---------------------------------------------------------------
No issues here, dispite heavy use to highlight deathtraps post
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Webif
Where would pn users be with out aaisp looking into things.......  Undecided

True  Sad
deathtrap
Grafter

"kept in the dark & fed ....." most probably just like mushrooms,Well tonight  i have been gateway hopping and every gateway / end point that i so far have connected apart from  2  has given different results  most show poor single threaded  downloads, one had a difference of 8ms base latency (maybe it's interleaved)  one gateway gave poor throughput on both multi-threaded and single threaded The gateway i'm currently on pcl bng 02 , (central 11)  throughput was ok  but there is a lot of jitter,But same gateway with central 10 was not good (to put it politely ) throughput was ok  but there is a lot of jitter , seems to be a near impossibility to find a gateway that gives  normal throughput levels and low stable latency levels  obviously I'm asking too much from plusnet these days
I doubt it's a Svlan congestion issue at my exchange  based on what I'm seeing
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Does seem these days if you poilte & nice things get "missed/overlooked"  Embarrassed

Well now I will openly state that I am royally peed off that no-one even bothered to acknowledge the testing that I did.....   Im like that.  Normally pretty patient until overlooked and then I BITE!  
...  so now try tell me that its local.    Ive just been doing a gateway hop (ppp not resync).   When on pcl-bng01 I couldnt get much above 25Mbps.
Just got on central12.pcl-bng02 and now look.    I think that pretty much rules out a problem at my end.  - Over to you Plusnet!

---
Edited to add central no
kitz
Aspiring Pro

duplicate post removed.
deathtrap
Grafter

Well i hopped of that pcl bng 02 gateway because  after a short while throughput became erratic  and slow  maybe someone else was downloading /using their connection at the same time,lol
kitz
Aspiring Pro

lol..  sorry was I eating all the bandwidth when doing a http download?  :blush:
Still seems ok here as far as downloads are concerned, but latency seems possibly a tad more jittery when performing a trace to my server.
Im staying on here for now, because this is the best peak time speed Ive had for ages.    I think the fact that I couldnt get much above 25Mbps when on pcl-bng01 shows without doubt there is a problem with some of their endpoints.

-----------
ETA
Hmmm  Im not quite sure if all is fine and dandy here.  I seem to be seeing some sort of weird jitter and/or packet loss.    Look at my throughput graph again in my post above, see how Im getting some kind of weird stutter.  That graph should be a red block, not have missing segments where packets have been lost.  Just checked my line stats, they're not CRCs.
Melancholie
Grafter

Quote from: kitz
...  so now try tell me that its local.    Ive just been doing a gateway hop (ppp not resync).

May be missing something but what would a VDSL resync change on the fibre side of the cabinet that a PPP reconnect wouldn't?
deathtrap
Grafter

Well i'm on PCL-AG03 good throughput ,some jitter and packet loss which start on the next hop after this 195.166.129.6 ae2.pcl-cr01.plus.net that peaks at linx-gw1.thn.ncuk.net currently 1% ,  Could some of the issues we are seeing be peering capacity related ?
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: Melancholie

what would a VDSL resync change on the fibre side of the cabinet that a PPP reconnect wouldn't?

I can't see that it could change anything certainly not of the BT networking side of things,to the core network,
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
I think the fact that all those users can re-connect and get normal speeds again is showing it might be BTW backhaul after the SVLANs.
AAISP certainly have a few cases for this on-going at the moment in the South West and parts of London.

do BTw have any monitoring for backhaul after the SVLANs?
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: kitz
Does seem these days if you poilte & nice things get "missed/overlooked"  Embarrassed

Well now I will openly state that I am royally peed off that no-one even bothered to acknowledge the testing that I did.....  Im like that.  Normally pretty patient until overlooked and then I BITE! 
...  so now try tell me that its local.    Ive just been doing a gateway hop (ppp not resync).  When on pcl-bng01 I couldnt get much above 25Mbps.
Just got on central12.pcl-bng02 and now look.    I think that pretty much rules out a problem at my end.  - Over to you Plusnet!

---
Edited to add central no

kitz I was going to ask you to hop, and you did it, thanks.