FIXED
the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

web page greyed out

This has got me stumped.

When i sign in to the spotify community

https://community.spotify.com

on my windows 10 laptop ( chrome or firefox) the page goes a bit dark after a few seconds and i start to type/ search etc; all the links are dead. It only happens when i'm signed in and on the laptop. Other PCs it works fine, and it works ok if i sign out ( though that means i can not contribute).

I assumed it must be a browser issue but its the same across Chrome and Firefox.

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: web page greyed out

Sounds like something is stopping the page scripts from working properly in the browser.

Given that is affecting multiple browsers, it could be something like Anti Virus software on the laptop blocking the website from doing something like opening a popup or blocking a script from running. If your AV software has installed add-ins into Chrome and Firefox (many do) it may be worth temporarily disabling the add in to see if that makes a difference.

It is unlikely, but it could also be caused by Malware / Virus / Adware redirecting web traffic to somewhere else on the net. I would recommend you download the free version of Malware Bytes and run a scan, just to rule it out.

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: web page greyed out

Fix

Thanks for your help.

I think I've figured it it out. The screen loads a splash "We value your feedback". My pop up blocker was preventing this opening i think , if you do accept it opens in a new tab but the original tab is dimmed until you accept or decline the feedback offer. Seems OK now Thanks for your help though.

I run Windows Defender and Malware Bytes and both reported no issues.