cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail.waitrose.com email error

dpstjp

mail.waitrose.com email error

I'm currently at my elderly mother-in-law's and she has a problem with her laptop email which hasn't received an email for 5 days.  The error given by Outlook Express is as follows:

"An unknown error has occurred.  Account 'mail.waitrose.com', Server: 'mail.waitrose.com'. Protocol: POP3, Port 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x8000C0133"

Her iPad emails arrive with no problem, but she tends not to use this at home.  Sadly neither she nor I can remember her login password to go in via webmail to see if deleting any emails from a webmail server will solcve the problem.

I understand PlusNet provide John Lewis with their braodband these days.

All thoughts welcome. 

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: mail.waitrose.com email error

Moderator's note:

Moved from Email as Plusnet Support doesn't cover JLB.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

The message apparently means that the Inbox folder has become corrupt.  Try following the instructions in this link: https://www.emailquestions.com/threads/outlook-express-error-0x800c0133-corrupted-inbox-file.2259/ .  You don't need to know the login password to try this.

dpstjp

Thank you very much for this.  I’ll forward it on to my MiL, not sure when someone techy will be there to give it a try though.

It’s frustrating that Google didn’t show your link when I typed in the error code yesterday.

dpstjp

Gel,

Thank you for the link.  JLB were, to be frank, not a whole lot of help; although I did discover that they appear to have a whole load of incorrect data protection answers for the account which I need to get to the bottom of.

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I Googled < email error 0x8000C0133 > and the link I suggested was No. 3 in the list.