YTD Video Downloader Free running in background

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: YTD Video Downloader Free running in background

Yes ! Wink

theosus

I use the free version as well. They used to let you download several videos in a queue. They are making the service harder and harder to use for free, so you'll either pay for it (not going to happen), or you'll go somewhere else. When I donwload one thing, even if I clear the completed list, when I try to download something else, it acts like it is about to start downloading, then says "Upgrade to Pro". 

My solution is to open Task Manager, scroll to YTD, and kill the process. Restart it and then download what I want. Then start again. I need to find a new free program, because this one is starting to be a pain. 

shutter
Community Veteran

@penneck & @theosus  This thread was started some time ago,.... since then I have found an excellent way of getting You Tube vids,  so ditch your downloaders... uninstall them... then go to this page

http://ohsoft.net/eng/ocam/download.php?cate=1002

Scroll down a bit... then click on your preferred option of download.  then install it.... You get a desktop Icon... copy that to your lower tool bar. for easy access when your desktop is covered by other stuff.

find your video on you tube.

click the Ocam Icon on the lower tool bar.  and  you get a green framework appear OCAM 01 OPENING SCRN.png

and the "interface" window.... drag that interface away to the bottom right corner and leave it showing only the red Record button..

OCAM 02 RELOCATE RECORD.png

adjust your video screen size.

OCAM 03 ADJUST VIDEO SIZE.png

Adjust the green frame size to cover the video area that you want to record by dragging the edges...

OCAM 04 ADJUST RECORD SCREEN SIZE.png

Highlight/ select. the video title and "copy"    You will need this to rename the recorded file shortly.

to Record.....  Press the Red Record Button..... ( bottom right corner.... remember  ? ?  )

OCAM 05 PREPARE FOR RECORD.png

The green frame turns to RED....  (you can move the frame whilst recording... BUT you cannot resize while recording )

Then quickly start the video with the white> triangle as normal.... 

When the video has ended..... press the STOP button.... and your video file will be saved 

It will be worthwhile setting up a specific folder  "Ocam Saved Videos" or something... for the automatic saving of your videos...  you can do this from the Start Interface   Menu> Options > Save

ocam interface 01.pngocam interface 02 menu save.png

And you can "locate" that on the lower tool bar for quick access... 

Here is an example of the recorded file ......

ocam save file.png

Record_2018_12.....etc

As you can imagine, if you are doing several recordings . it will be hard to distinguish without running them... so,.. that is why I suggested "copy" the video title....  so now .,after recording...you can go to the folder and "Rename" the files as you progress...

The only problem/snag  with this is, that you must not do anything "on screen" whilst Recording... as this will take precedence on screen, over the video you are recording, and whatever is inside the Record Frame, will be recorded instead...  Even if you just move the cursor across, that will be reforded across the video you are recording..

It is not downloading the video per se... it is video screen recording... but it works very well....

I use GOMPLAYER to play my videos..... I use AnyVideoConverter, to convert them to other formats if needed... Or you can use the video converter on "ATubeCatcher"...

penneck
Aspiring Pro

I went over to "4k Video Downloader" some time ago. It is quicker than YTD, I can download several videos at the same time - obviously I have to start them at different times but I don't have to wait until one is finished before I start the next. I tried Ocam, but found it so much faffing around (see shutter's post to see what I mean) that I soon gave up on it when I was told about 4k Vid.

shutter
Community Veteran

@penneck  Ah well ! ! ... didn`t realise that you wanted to download so many videos at a time.... Faffing around it my seem to be... but it does "pass the time" quite nicely when there is nowt else to do ! . and once you get into the "routine" it is not so bad as that, really !  Wink

theosus

I like the idea of the OCAM thing... I think it would work great for NetFlix videos because there are no ads, but with YouTube of course I would have to drop them into iMovie, split the clip, and cut the ads out, and thats even more work. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@theosus I use Adblock Plus on Firefox (OSX) and I've never seen an advert on any videos I've watched.