Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While using PLEX as mediaserver, devices keep pausing

deejayburnout
Grafter

While using PLEX as mediaserver, devices keep pausing

Peeps
Using Plex as a media server and now on all my devices such as PS4 and Playbook and Galaxy Note 3, when playing videos, they seem to pause intermittently and never a the same place.
before when using a sky router, this was never an issue until I joined plusnet, now it happens all the time. My poor daughter is at her wits end as she cannot watch her cartoons in peace.
Do I have to change some of the settings in the router?
cheers
Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Dobby

Re: While using PLEX as mediaserver, devices keep pausing

Hi Chris,
I've just added Plex myself but not actually played with it too much. I've had a quick check of portforward.com which has a guide for it which is generally where I'd direct anyone with a potential port issue to as a first option.
There is a guide on there for the Technicolor router and Plex which would suggest it may not be open by default. The guide is available here: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Technicolor/TG582n_Technicolor/Plex_Media_Ser...
Hopefully that'll clear up any issues, otherwise it's (most likely) going to be a job of checking the Plex FAQ/forums for further information on this one.
Dobby
TORPC
Grafter

Hi there
You should not have to port forward for plex, for local network
Which router are you currently using
Take a gander at https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123700.msg1074905.html#msg1074905
in the IPaddress/web/index.html#!/settings (Show Advanced settings
General =======>  Support Away Mode when preventing system sleep (Vista and above) Ticked
DLNA ======> DLNA Ticked
My Plex =====> Require authentication on local networks (Ticked)

deejayburnout
Grafter

Thanks for the help guys  Smiley
I will check when I get home and see how I get on.
higgles
Dabbler

Hi,
How are you connecting to the network?  Is it wired or wireless?  If it's wireless, it could be that you need to change the wireless channel number due to interference from other wireless networks / video senders / baby monitors etc.
Andy