cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I have to turn on Network Sharing on 582n USB & not on the 582n NON USB

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Why do I have to turn on Network Sharing on 582n USB & not on the 582n NON USB

Run wireshark on the computer that can't access whatever it is without network discovery and sharing being turned on. Capture what happens when you try to access the Roku but can't
Then turn on network discovery and sharing, and repeat capturing the data when it does work.
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Why do I have to turn on Network Sharing on 582n USB & not on the 582n NON USB

So I can just run WireShark out the box on all default settings (so to speak)
I forgot to mention  not sure if I could use it for troubleshooting in this instance
iperf for Windows
To access the Platform Secret Screen on the Now TV box (and any other Roku), press the following combination of buttons:
Home button 5 times, fast-forward, play, rewind, play, fast-forward
This will take you to the Platform Secret Screen.
From there you can perform:
    System Reboot
    Disable Network Pings
    Access WiFi Secret Screen
From the WiFi Secret Screen, you can:
    Run iperf
    iperf setup

TORPC
Grafter

I can confirm that without doubt, this issue can now please be marked as (SOLVED)
There is no need to run WireShark or equivalent program
As many knows I did not want to make any changes, while testing the USB flavored TG582n, on firmware 8.2.2.J because of the know issues(s) in my previous thread
I had them Issue(s) arise
Therefore I have now tested
[code=Telnet file=DLNA Server (Media Sharing) Not Discovered Across LAN / WLAN.    SOLVED[] This issue is present in firmware 8.2.7.7  Don't know about other firmware versions.
Command Comments
eth bridge igmpsnooping config View present state.
If state=enabled then apply the fix
eth bridge igmpsnooping config brname=bridge state=disabled Apply fix
saveall Make permanent[/code]
And can confirm that I have turned off Network & File Sharing on the Temporary Laptop Server / Rebooted & all works well
I am not dis-missing WireShark for the other issue(s) in my other thread however I would like to understand it a bit more before I apply it to the situation at hand
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Glad you got that sorted. Its odd that this seems to happen. I would be interested if anybody else has issues like this and has sent the router back. It cant be a widespread problem otherwise more would report it. Interestingly I have  friend who is with another isp who does very cheap broadband, and supply the 582n  cant remember name. Mentioned the sky app to her, and set it up on her asus tablet.  It worked stright away, with no issues. What this would possibly mean, I am not sure.  Cant say what firmware its running, but its the usb varient of the 585n. It also has a red line under one of the ethernet ports. Is this an fttc version flashed with adsl firmware?
Edit.... remembered thecisp. Its primussaver
TORPC
Grafter

It seems like some ISP's
Want a all in 1 box with many a firmware to boot
Now then as I see it
1. Confusion in firmware / Hardware across ISP's platforms
2. Confusion in firmware / Hardware between FTTC & ADSL
I urge all ISP's to also have a backup router of different Make / Model
My previous ISP does & I never suffered from any of the issue(s) the TG582n is suffering from
TORPC
Grafter

I feel all the know issues & fixes / workaround to the issues should be well placed in a sticky for all to see & have easy access to
Perhaps start a new forum withe the title something like
(Known issues with their respective Fixes / Workarounds)
include a disclaimer that the Fixes / Workarounds may work for some but not for all