Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What`s the difference ....

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: What`s the difference ....

Playonlinux I'd the easiest way of setting up a desktop shortcut and you can choose which version of wine to use with each individual program. Not sure if wine and Playonlinux use the same c directory so you copy the DLL file into it. Interesting though I didn't realise you could copy a dll in front a windows machine.
I ended up putting 7 in a VM just to use two programs  Angry would be great if you could find which dlls were missing.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Use dependency walker it will tell you what dll's a program uses.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Great little tool. I'm assuming it will also need installed via wine? I notice in the zipped download there is a dll file. Does this need put somewhere or does it install itself?
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Just (wine) install it, the dll is auto installed to the wine system folder.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Another interesting avenue to investigate. Obviously the output of the files is not in your face obvious so will take a bit of reading into. I think it may be about time I joined the wine forum. I think there's a lot more I can achieve with Linux with a bit more understanding.
Spent the last couple of days messing about when I should have been doing year end paye stuff  Lips_are_sealed Finally making the last push and swapping over my office computers to linux from XP. Seems to me there are little things and applications that wouldn't take much building relative to some software I've seen that would make the transition from windows so much easier,
Hopefully now XP is done some big player software devs will seize on this and see a gap they could fill. With the likes of Ubuntu trying to promote their OS as good for business use it amazes me that they have took a fine business tool like Ubuntu one and removed it leaving pretty much nothing to replace it. All the cloud apps I tried today wouldn't work through Wine. For now it looks like I will have to split my dropbox account in two between work and personal until I find another option.