Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web hosting

WinfredVaughan
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Web hosting

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced web-host company ?  I already have a domain.

I need very little storage - perhaps 500 mb - for a local project, without bells and whistles - it will be used for a simple HTML based information source, and only requires being able to view the information and sometimes download a file or two like directions or maps - no scripts or anything complicated.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  

7 REPLIES 7
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Web hosting

I use these people Tsohost.com have done for years, support if neded is good

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

If you really need very little webspace then have a look at https://www.ecohosting.co.uk/ . I use them for email and their support is very responsive.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I've been with EUK Host for the last 10 years. Good value and tech support when needed.

WinfredVaughan
Grafter

Thanks for the recommendations.  They all look like they will do what I want.🙂

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

You could always host it yourself on your computer - search for wamp and many web servers will turn up that you can download and run on your PC
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
WinfredVaughan
Grafter

WAMP.  Interesting.  Completely new to me.  The problem would however be that I would need to leave my PC switched on permanently which I do not like the sound of !  But there may well be occasions when WAMP would work for me.  Thanks.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

If you're looking to host this yourself you may want to give some consideration to using a Raspberry Pi to do the hosting. This gives you a dedicated system to deliver your site and also reduces the running costs to pennies.

In addition there are many users on here that are very familiar with these should you need any assistance.