Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPS / printer installation query

FIXED
Manxman
Fixes: 1

WPS / printer installation query

Hi all - just joined in need of some help!

I have laptops, mobile phones, TV, security cameras and an old HP printer connected to my Hub One router - all achieved by entering SSID and network password.

Tried to install a new Canon printer and it wasn't having any of it. Eventually set it up by using the WPS button on the router. My questions are...

If I now disable the WPS on the router, (good for security so I understand) will my Canon printer still connect to it ok when I turn it on, or does WPS have to remain enabled in order for the Canon to connect and work?

If I do disable WPS, will it affect all my other, previously connected devices? I was about to disable it, but a load of alarming warning messages came back, so I was put off.

Grateful for some advice, please. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: WPS / printer installation query

@Manxman In short, disabling WPS will not affect devices already connected, but you will need to re-enable it to connect anything else you may choose to connect via that method later.

Personally, I've never bothered about disabling it and never had a problem.

John
Manxman
Fixes: 1

Re: WPS / printer installation query

Fix

Many thanks for your help, jab1. I know the options now. Think, like you, I'll probably leave it enabled, which is how i found it when I went looking!

Cheers for now