Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking the potential of Sagemcom 2704N

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Unlocking the potential of Sagemcom 2704N

Is there a wifi timer function anywhere in revision 3B, I like my wifi to sleep at 22:30PM then back on 7:00AM

Matty123123
Grafter

Ah, sounds like you need to stop the kids?
unfortunately my router has almost died (crapy solder joints have corroded), so I dont know.

I did look though the config (dumpmdm), and I saw this entry can be added:

<X_BROADCOM_COM_AccessTimeRestrictionControl>
  <Enable>FALSE</Enable>
</X_BROADCOM_COM_AccessTimeRestrictionControl>

But I dont know what options go there.
Sadly thats the best I can do.

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hey Matty..

I've had a good look through 3B and only see the access restriction control you mentioned.

It seems this firmware doesn't have a Radio off function like the old DD-WRT router I'm trying to retire, guess ebay will be my best bet. OFF is the only way to be sure with a timer on a switch for the Lan Wink

Screenshot-21.png

m0rphe0us
Dabbler

Thank you very much. This allowed me to put the rubbish 2704N into bridge mode, and use my new TP-Link Archer C2 router. Many, many thanks!

WatchBatterycou
Dabbler

Anyone successfully port forwarded ports 3389 for remote desktop?

I add the port forwarding to device "Unknown" but with the correct mac address and it works. Then sometime later it stops working. Rebooting the router allows it to work again for a while and then it stops.

I can also get it working again by removing the port forwarding to the specific machine and adding it again. As soon as I do that it works and then sometime later stops.

AJ

alexftw
Grafter

EDIT: This was supposed to be in reply to Darsh, but doesn't look like it worked!!

I appreciate this is an old thread, however I've just picked up the Sagemcom from my parents to replace a faulty ASUS modem.

I uploaded the bridge config but in my case it wasn't obvious where the bridge mode setting was. I am going to review this again this evening but on the off chance you can remember - which I appreciate is a long shot - can you advise where the setting is? Despite the router being locked down by default, there are an impressive number of features having uploaded Mattys custom firmware. I just can't seem to get bridge mode to rear it's head...

Cheers

Alex

hml57
Dabbler

I have dyndns with noip and when i try to enter the noip credentials in http://192.168.1.254/advanced_dyndns.html.

it complains that the password has special characters. Anyone seen this?

On another note, I had a Thomson TG585 before and I couldn't get it to work so support sent me this router instead. It said Authentication failed with the user/pwd provided by plusnet. VCI/VPI and VCMUX pppoa all properly selected.
At least TG585 I could go to the CLI no problems.

The locked firmware is fairly c.ap

alexftw
Grafter

I managed to bridge my device in the end, the first update didn't work and then bridge mode was the default setting.

hml, dont use a password with special characters. It's in noip Tips section;

http://www.noip.com/blog/2016/04/06/ip-pro-tips/

I use a question mark in mine which is ok but that's quite standard. Other characters get more complicated when you start talking complex UTF-8 sets so I would just remove anything that could be considered special.

I then use a really complex password for the host I'm actually logging into over the Internet
hml57
Dabbler

yeah i did that.

btw, just a warning plusnet support person could see your password in clear on their side.

overall so far, fairly bad plusnet

alexftw
Grafter

It's not great from ISO27001 perspective nor DPA, but every other ISP I've had pale in comparison. Support is also uk based and they're active in the forums. Believe me there are many worse.
SirRichieRich
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Well - that seemed to work remarkably well - thanks for the tip. Router is now in bridge mode.
For future reference, its pvc 0/38 rather than 0/35.

Hi marklkelly. Can I just ask , how did you find out it's 38? And is there a list somewhere of what each one is for? 

Thanks.

alexftw
Grafter

Plusnet publish this as their connection setting Smiley

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/
SirRichieRich
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Oh I see. VCI is same as SVC. Was just curious. Thanks, I got the 2704n to act as modem now so can use own router. Cheers all.

alexftw
Grafter

It's a neat device, tons of functionality - once unlocked of course. Get better sync speeds with this than my old asus n55u. I also bridge to a netgear nighthawk. Nice setup. Couldn't be happier with it.
dmmsta

Sorry for such a late reply to the preceeding.

Wondering if anyone has a default "backupsettings.conf" file, as the FW version on my 2704n does not have an option to backup, just to update:

.Capture.JPG