cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking the potential of Sagemcom 2704N

Darsh
Grafter

Re: Unlocking the potential of Sagemcom 2704N

Download and save your config using dumpcfgdynamic.cmd. Try to change this string:
<X_SAGEM_COM_PPPoA_Rspping_enable>FALSE</X_SAGEM_COM_PPPoA_Rspping_enable>

from "FALSE" to "TRUE", save and upload the changed config.
Haven't tried it myself though. Just reading the XML.

Darsh
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thanks, there's quite a bit of this stuff I need to get stuck into and get my head round.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Matty123123

[snip...]
EDIT:
You could try http://192.168.1.254/modconn.cmd?action=view
but I dont know if it will allow you to edit it using the stock firmware

Result for the above stock firmware.

@Darsh,
That line isn't shown in my backupsettings.conf for my FTTC setup, any thoughts?
Quote from: Darsh
<X_SAGEM_COM_PPPoA_Rspping_enable>FALSE</X_SAGEM_COM_PPPoA_Rspping_enable>

from "FALSE" to "TRUE", save and upload the changed config.
Haven't tried it myself though. Just reading the XML.
Darsh
Darsh
Grafter

Quote from: 11110_110
That line isn't shown in my backupsettings.conf for my FTTC setup, any thoughts?

Just search for "rspping" in your config then. I've got two entries: for IPoE and for PPPoA. Obviously, for ADSL you should use the PPPoA one. Unfortunately, I don't know how FTTC is set up. If it uses PPPoE, try to find PPPoE "rspping" entry.
I hope you are getting your backupsettings.conf from dumpcfgdynamic.cmd page, and not from the backupsettings.conf page (which produces the encrypted config).
Once again - I haven't tested this rspping solution yet, I'm not sure if it will work. Will try tonight.

Darsh
30FTTC06
Pro

I've spent the last hour searching and then going line by line looking for the lines you have quoted above as search references, nothing found.
I'm not here to make idle chit-chat Darsh.
Not in this config at least.

Regards
Gary
Matty123123
Grafter

hello, 11110_110.
I'm a little confused by the results of your "Modify Connection Parameters".  (I'm assuming you are using a plusnet branded router)
Is your fiber connection working? because it appears like you are settings up a vlan between 2 routers in your house? (just a guess)
If there is an issue, you might want to do a full reset...  (Default adsl config attached, just fyi)
Then go to the normal web page http://192.168.1.254/advanced_management.html and switch it to fibre. (Default wanoe config attached, missing info)
It will use Ethernet port 4? PPPoE 0/35 by default, which as far as I know that is good for the UK.
Mine says:
Interface 	Description 	Type 	VPI 	VCI 	Vlan8021p 	VlanMuxId
atm0.1 ipoe_0_0_35 IPoE 0 35 -1 -1
pppoa1 pppoa_0_0_38 PPPoA 0 38 N/A N/A

SideNote: I dont know how to get WAN Pings working from just adjusting the config.
30FTTC06
Pro

To be clear Matty123123 I'm just showing the results from an FTTC perspective and nothing more just incase people wish to follow what is happening with ADSL vs FTTC configs on the stock firmware.
Just to show the results of the link below from my working 2704n connected over ethernet port 4 to my modem.
http://192.168.1.254/modconn.cmd?action=view

Many thanks again for your efforts by the way.
Matty123123
Grafter

ahhh, i see.
thanks,
Darsh
Grafter

Regarding ping responses on WAN interface.
No, enabling Rspping doesn't work. Actually, if set to TRUE, it disappears from the config, which makes me think that if it is not present in the config - it is enabled.
Tried two ways of switching off the firewall (again, if disabled, the respective config lines disappear). Tried configuring firewall exception for ICMP. Tried enabling ICMP for WAN in AppCfg section - to no avail.
Starting to get an impression that ICMP on WAN interface is disabled in the firmware. Matt, could you please have a look in your flash images?

Darsh
regisbsb

Hi All,
Apparently there is a bridge mode page:
http://screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Sagem/Fast_1704N/Bridge_Mode.htm
If someone could please list the pages avaliable in the router we could find one that enables the bridgemode.
Also the Brazilian mentioned some System Info page in his router. Could we find that page? Apparently it enables to download a file with the super-super user password.
Thanks.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

regisbsb, there is no Bridge mode page on the Plusnet 2704n
If you read this thread thoroughly you will appreciate that there is a limited number of things that you can do with the current firmware. If you have the 2704n and login as expert_user you will see there is no Bridge mode page as you may see on the attached screen grab.
But also see reply #7 and sequ.
When it comes to playing with firmware, be careful, unless you understand what you are doing, you might end up bricking it.
Matty123123
Grafter

Matt, could you please have a look in your flash images?

Hmmm, well if I look at the IPTABLES   (using xDSL, not Fibre)
# iptables -L -v
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 1308 packets, 118K bytes)
pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
   3   108 ACCEPT     2    --  atm0.1 any     anywhere             anywhere
   0     0 ACCEPT     2    --  pppoa1 any     anywhere             anywhere
  25  1068 ACCEPT     tcp  --  pppoa1 any     anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:7547
  31  1380 DROP       tcp  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ssh
   0     0 DROP       tcp  --  any    any     anywhere             10.0.0.1            tcp dpt:www
   0     0 DROP       icmp --  any    any     anywhere             10.0.0.1
 178 32216 ACCEPT     all  --  pppoa1 any     anywhere             anywhere            state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
  10   440 LOG        tcp  --  pppoa1 any     anywhere             anywhere            tcp flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN limit: avg 6/hour burst 5 LOG level alert prefix `Intrusion -> '
 299 12552 DROP       all  --  pppoa1 any     anywhere             anywhere
   0     0 DROP       tcp  --  any    any     anywhere             111.222.333.444     tcp dpt:www
   0     0 DROP       icmp --  any    any     anywhere             111.222.333.444
[sniped]

This table is created by the programs ssk/libcms_core.so.  So it appears that the binaries would need to be adjusted to add a icmp type 8 line.
There is an option I just tried... but I dont recommend it.   In the config I added a inbound allowed firewall entry:
Via: http://192.168.1.254/scinflt.cmd?action=view
<WANDevice instance="1">
<WANConnectionDevice instance="2">
<WANPPPConnection instance="1">
<X_BROADCOM_COM_FirewallException instance="8">
<Enable>TRUE</Enable>
<FilterName>PingME</FilterName>
<Protocol>ICMP</Protocol>
</X_BROADCOM_COM_FirewallException>
<X_BROADCOM_COM_FirewallException nextInstance="9" ></X_BROADCOM_COM_FirewallException>
</WANPPPConnection>
</WANConnectionDevice>
</WANDevice>

However... this allows ALL icmp in, I do not know how to limit it to ICMP Type 8 only.  So I would consider it a security risk. (along with the open tr69 port)

Quote from: regisbsb
If someone could please list the pages avaliable in the router we could find one that enables the bridgemode.

I made a list of all the pages in the pdf file in Reply #27
Darsh
Grafter

Quote from: Matty123123
There is an option I just tried... but I dont recommend it.   In the config I added a inbound allowed firewall entry:

Did it work? I've tried it too, but it wasn't working for me - WAN IP remained unpingable from the outside world.
Shouldn't be a huge security risk, as it only allows ICMP to the router, everything else is behind NAT and therefore not accessible from outside, unless you put a host in DMZ - then this host will be affected.
If it worked - there should be a way of narrowing it to type 8 (echo request) only in the config.

Darsh
Matty123123
Grafter

Did it work?

Yeah, it worked for me, have a browse at the attached picture.
(via https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2)
I'll have another go at limiting it to ICMP Echo only.  But I dont think I'll have much luck  Sad
Darsh
Grafter

OK, will try it again then. Is your rspping setting TRUE or FALSE?
One more question, Matt - is ssh process running on the box? If yes - I will try to unblock it on the firewall as well, on the LAN side.

Darsh