cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get FTTP Working on a Draytek

CommsMan

Unable to get FTTP Working on a Draytek

Hi all,

I was wondering if you anyone would be able to help with a little problem I have been having for the good part of the past year, which is that I have been unable to get a Draytek working on an FTTP connection. I have tried multiple types of Draytek and multiple FTTP connections, but not had any luck as of yet. One FTTP connection that I have been using to test with currently has a TP-Link TD-W9970 working on it without issue, but some routers just don't work. I also tried a Zyxel and this didn't work either.

I have done as much research on this as I could, but I have not been able to find the solution to this problem, except that I know that Drayteks do work on FTTP connections without problem. 

I have attached some screenshots of the Draytek set-up I have been using, and even Draytek themselves have told me this should be correct. For full disclosure, I am not using a PlusNet connection, but instead an Entanet connection, I don't think this should matter, but if it does, then please let me know!

If anyone could provide any assistance on this, it would be greatly appreciated! 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to get FTTP Working on a Draytek

@CommsMan, with the exception of the VLAN tag entries your settings are identical to mine, so in theory no reason as to why you shouldn't be able to get a connection. The only thing I can think of is your Username and / or  Password is / are wrong.

Is there anything in Diagnostics / Syslog Explorer that can shed any light on this for you?

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

with the exception of the VLAN tag entries your settings are identical to mine,

@Anonymous , @CommsMan I think you've hit the nail on the head there Mook!. If you take the FTTC case where you have a modem and a router behind it making the PPPoE connection then the VLAN tagging is done in the modem. My undertsanding of FTTP is that the ONT is basically the modem, so if that is the case then it will also do the VLAN tagging. So on the Draytek the VLAN tagging needs to be disabled.

In fact a quick google http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/zen/4519249-wan-vlan-id-for-zen-fttp-installation.html seems to confirm my theory is correct

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.