Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link Deco System Works Perfectly, except for Sonos

FIXED
steveal
Grafter

TP-Link Deco System Works Perfectly, except for Sonos

Folks,

I set up a Deco M5 running from an ethernet cable into my Plusnet Hub one (wi-fi turned off). Perfect Results, wi-fi throughout the house!

However, my PC is also connected by ethernet cable to the Hub One. Now my Sonos system cannot access my music library which is stored on my PC (also the Sonos PC controller cannot find my Sonos system). The Sonos can be controlled from any wi-fi connected device (Ipad, phone, laptop).

I assume I have got 2 systems as far as Sonos is concerned and they are not communicating? Do I need to replace the Hub One with a modem?

I have an old Technicolor TG582n job. Is that any good for a regular fibre internet (about 65 Mbps)? Any better suggestions to fix this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: TP-Link Deco System Works Perfectly, except for Sonos

Fix

@steveal 

It could be that DHCP is active on the M5 because it is set in router mode. It should be configured as an Access Point.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

and if that doesnt fix it , then I'd start to look at the Windows firewall configuration.

The TG582n wont work on fibre without a separate modem and almost certainly isnt worth resurrecting...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

steveal
Grafter

Thank you! Access regained at zero cost!

steveal
Grafter

Thanks. That's another dead box I can dispose of...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

Its just about useful as a network switch , as long as you only need 100Mb connections! OR just maybe a wireless AP in an emergency , again as long as you dont need high speeds.

I'm actually using one here as a switch but I don't need communication between devices on the switch only from devices to the internet, and since that is only a 40Mb connection , the 100Mb limit on the TG582n ports isnt a limitation

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.