cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simpler Networks Powerline Adapters - Web page login

lorisarvendu
Grafter

Simpler Networks Powerline Adapters - Web page login

I have a couple of 200AV Powerline adapters made by Simpler Networks. I believe BT are now (or have been) supplying rebranded versions.  For years now I've wondered why they both grab an IP address from DHCP, but today I used nmap to determine that there was an open port on 7547.  I put this into a web browser and got a username/password prompt.  I have no documentation for these adapters and there's nothing on the web about configuring them through a web interface.
Does anyone know what the default username/password might be?  I've tried "admin" and "password" but neither work.  I'm intrigued to see what config options it brings up.
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
3 REPLIES 3
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Simpler Networks Powerline Adapters - Web page login

I've done a nmap scan on my 500Mbps adaptors - and no ports or extra ip addresses are used.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

did you try user/admin, admin/admin, admin/blank ?
most default passwords are one of those three,
if yours are similar to mine then you would have the option to change network name settings, set or remove ip addresses (switching to mac locking) and a few other things besides, I use tplink's pa251 kits, but I would warn you if I changed the default settings on my home plug's then i cannot recover it by doing the firmware rest because it rewrites the firmware lines with the user defined settings meaning you can brick them if you forget hat your doing  half way through .........i found out the hard way when trying to make 2 separate powerline networks and bricked 4 adaptors .....
should probably mention that the reason for this problem is down to the units utilising e-prom technology to store the persistent settings as required....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
lorisarvendu
Grafter

Yes I've tried admin/password/user/blank, and every combination of all 4.
All the documentation I've seen for these adapters doesn't mention the web interface at all, so I suspect it's something BT would use.  In which case the user/pass are likely to be something default but unusual.
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.