cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a belkin router as access point

Houseohill

Setting up a belkin router as access point

I have previously had this belkin router set up as an access point and insanely i clicked "forget this router" on my wifi options on my phone. (Forgot the password too). I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to get the router set up again as an AP but it is not working. Scratching my head here
🙄🙄🤔🙄 Can anyone help me please?
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

Re: Setting up a belkin router as access point

@Houseohill 

I don't know how clicking forget this router on a phone would reset a WAP. Also why are you showing a picture of a Hub One with a green indicator?

Start again. Switch off the Belkin and concentrate on the Hub One. Can you get a blue light? If not you have no broadband connection and you need to sort that. Try a factory reset with a paperclip or similar pushed into the router rest hole. Keep the swtch closed for at leat 25 seconds then wait to see if it recovers. If it doesn't then you need to address the loss of broadband, not an access point issue.

If you have a blue light can you connect a phone to the router?  If so then look again at sorting your access point.

What you have to do is disconnect the belkin and a computer from your network. Connect the belkin to the computer. Next log into the admin pages of the belkin and go into the settings. You need to look at the belkin manual to sort the IP address and password (if any). Turn DHCP off then set the IP address to be within the Hub One range but where it won't be the same as any other fixed devices, for example 192.168.1.10. Note that once you do this you will lose access with the belkin. To log back into it put 192.168.1.10 into your browser. That's it, put your network back together and away you go.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Houseohill

Hi there thanks for the reply. I had just taken a photo of my hub one after a reboot 🙄🙄

Im having problems opening the page with the new IP address for some reason. Could it be a setting on my pc?

I changed the ip address after removing DHCP......stuck in Scotland 😉

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

It could be. If it's a Windows pc try opening a command prompt as as administrator and entering:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

and see if that helps.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'