Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running SSH or proxy server on SagemCom F@ST2704N router

ec5778
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Running SSH or proxy server on SagemCom F@ST2704N router

I'm looking to run a proxy server for my own personal use (partly due to having to use VPN software I don't fully control) on my plusnet router. As an alternative, I understand that SSH can act as a proxy with the -D flag, so if SSH can be easily enabled on the router that should offer me the same functionality.

I've seen a very long thread about this router which discusses getting SSH working, but much of the information in that thread is quite old, and because the thread is so long it's difficult to figure out what the conclusions were.

So would anyone be able to offer a suggestion as to what the simplest way to do this would be? (Or alternatively if plusnet happen to offer their own proxy, that might be another option for me).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

4 REPLIES 4
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Running SSH or proxy server on SagemCom F@ST2704N router

Hi

I have not used a hub zero so cannot comment about that device.

I have been able to set up SSH on a PN hub one router flashed with LEDE / openwrt software.

Hub ones can be bought from ebay already flashed with LEDE.

For example:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEDE-OpenWRT-Unlocked-Plusnet-Hub-One-Fibre-VDSL2-Gigabit-wireless-AC-vpn-r...

Richard

ec5778
Grafter

Hi Richard

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

I also have an old Linksys router with DD-WRT or OpenWrt (can't remember which), but I was hoping to be able to achieve this without having an extra router sitting around, as it is we don't have anywhere to put one router (it's on the floor) let alone two!

Thanks

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

If the Linksys router contains an ADSL modem then you could use it in preference to the the Hub zero.

ec5778
Grafter

Thanks again Richard.

Unfortunately it doesn't. It's just a standalone wireless access point/router.