cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Doorbell 2nd Generation

Sar13

Ring Doorbell 2nd Generation

I changed my broadband provider to plusnet which was installed last week. I tried connecting my 2nd generation video Ring doorbell to new WiFi but it will NOT connect and keeps saying error. However, my Ring doorbell chime connected to new WiFi straight away???
3 REPLIES 3
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Ring Doorbell 2nd Generation

Welcome to the forums @Sar13 

I'm assuming you're using the Plusnet Hub Two?

And if so and you're in the same room as the router, or very close to it, your phone is happily connected to the routers SSID and if you dig a little deeper you'll likely find it is on the 5GHz frequency.

Here's the kick in the teeth, you're getting wound up and you may not know but the Ring Doorbell 2nd Gen only has 2.4Ghz WiFi capabilities

So you have some options - move into another room until the phone drops over to 2.4.GHz, then connect the doorbell, or briefly turn off the 5GHz on the router - google will show you if you're not sure - then do the same.

Then after it's ding donging the doorbell with fill your phone with lovely messages showing your neighbours cats and even if your phone then reverts back to the 5GHz, you'll still get them as the bell will stay on the 2.4GHz

HTH

pyarwood
Dabbler

As DS says It is likely turning off 5G on the router should solve your problem.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Sar13 

If after switching off the 5GHz band it still won’t connect then on the hub advanced/wireless page try the other wireless modes.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'