cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding multiple Broadband providers at same property

TheFoxBlip909

Question regarding multiple Broadband providers at same property

Hi all

Forgive me if this is a question that should be directed elsewhere but I have a problem with internet matters of late.

I recently moved back home as I'm working from home and the home internet is Virgin Media Fibre Broadband which I must say is absolutely dreadful in terms of reliability, I'm having to reconnect on some occasions every 5 minutes. I've had professional Zoom calls ended because of this and streaming a TV show or football game is a non-starter and it's evident I need a more reliable connection. The router is in the bill payers bedroom and is quite some distance to where I'm typically located. The person who pays the internet bills could not care less about my issues so I'm looking for other alternatives.

Is it possible to have multiple connections at the same property? I'm looking at Plusnet Unlimited Fibre. Would I need an additional phone line or are there other options? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

regards

David

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Question regarding multiple Broadband providers at same property

@TheFoxBlip909 If you wanted to take Plusnet - or anyone else's fibre product who uses the BT network, you would need a BT line installing, which, IIRC, is about £165.00.

John
Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Can you access a decent mobile phone signal either 4G or 5G ?
If so get a mobile data SIM and 4G/5G router.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@jab1 wrote:

@TheFoxBlip909 If you wanted to take Plusnet - or anyone else's fibre product who uses the BT network, you would need a BT line installing, which, IIRC, is about £165.00.

Going through the motions of ordering PN FTTC and opting to have a new line installed shows a charge of £49.99 for that portion of the installation @jab1  Wink