Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up a Zyxel router

FIXED
James17
Hooked

Problems setting up a Zyxel router

Having just (at last) learned that my local cabinet has expanded its fibre capacity I upgraded and received a Hub One router/modem from Plusnet. This works fine, but as a back-up I decided to buy a second-hand ex PostOffice branded modem for line troubleshooting purposes.

This is a Zyxel VMG 3925-B10B unit which appears functional, the DSL light goes green after taking a minute or so to lock to the VDSL signal, but it doesn’t connect to the internet. I assume this is because I’ve failed to set it up correctly.

The obvious things (Plusnet login and password) should be right, but there is a pile of settings in the WAN config section that are hidden from view on the Hub One so I can’t use that as a reference and trawling the community forum hasn’t revealed my mistake either.

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Problems setting up a Zyxel router

You need to set the VLAN ID, sometimes referred to as 802.1 q,  to  101.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James17
Hooked

Thanks, but that was one bit of information that I had already found here. I had attached a screenshot of the WAN setup page, though it only appears as a downloadable file rather than displaying as an image on the forum.
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Fix
Try enabling apply as default gateway
James17
Hooked

Thank you! That did the trick. It's good to have a spare router again. Smiley