Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding Fail

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Port Forwarding Fail

@grochford, you're using a different router: the Hub Zero, rather than the Hub One. I'm not sure if this has an option to enter a static IP and I've not access to one at the moment to check.

You would need to select the device you're wanting to port forward from the drop-down. Note that it may be listed as 'Unknown', in which case you'd need to identify it by MAC address.

If you have problems with rules 'sticking' then this may be of help.

Not familiar with them, but isn't the XClaim just an access point, in which case I wouldn't expect there's a need for any port forwarding rules (unless you're trying to open external access to the device when at a remote location?)

Sky's routers typically use different IP addressing to ours so you may need to reset the access point to get it to pair properly again.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

grochford

@bobpullen That would explain why I don't have the IP defined option in drop down menu issue, but not why the XClaim is not communicating with it's cloud management console.

XClaim suggest ensuring that port 443 is open which is why I took the measure to setup port forwarding, as despite disabling the firewall on both the router and the customer web portal, port 443 is still showing as closed on yougetsingal.com and when using the PortScan utility on my Mac.

The XClaim has picked up the new IP address from the Plusnet router as I can see it when I do a network scan, and internally everything is working OK. However it should be able to feed this information back to the cloud platform, but since I switched from Sky on the 11th January it has never been able to communicate it's new details.

Without access to the cloud console I can't make configuration changes to my wireless network.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

And are you seeing the XClaim in the port forwarding rule drop-down. What you're trying to achieve should be possible.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

grochford

@bobpullen Yes, I can see the XClaim in the drop down, and yes I agree it should be possible.

As an aside, I have now turned the XClaim off and re-enabled WiFi on the Plusnet router and set the SSID / Password to my combination, now no devices are showing on the Home Network, despite the fact I have multiple wireless devices connected. Everything did show up when the XClaim was acting as the AP.

Probably a rant for a different forum but I'm just getting it off my chest apologies in advance!

Alexb75
Dabbler

Having exactly the same issue and Plusnet refuse to accept any responsibility. Frustrating doesn’t even come close when you’re not able to connect to a basic service.

I’m failing to connect to X box live on three different devices as a new Plusnet User despite attempting the port forwarding etc. They blame it on my X Box hardware (all 3??) Rude, dismissive. Ombudsman looking likely as the next step as they have now said we won’t be offering any further advice 😡
grochford

@Alexb75 I ended up buying a new Netgear modem/router and low and behold everything came back online. Serious flaws in PlusNet hardware but I guess you get what you pay for.