cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet PLMN (Public Land Mobile Network)

pj56

Plusnet PLMN (Public Land Mobile Network)

I bought a brand new, unlocked cell phone:

2021 Xgody  6.0" Android 8.1 Smartphone Dual SIM 4Core Unlocked Mobile Phone 16GB

The phone requires some configuration.

What is network ID, priority and network mode for Plusnet?

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Plusnet PLMN (Public Land Mobile Network)

Phone should get all the configuration from the Sim automatically

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pj56

Thank you!

I hoped so, as I couldn't find the info on the internet.

pj56

the issue is that the list of available networks displayed by the phone shows plusnet  3G, and sometimes plusnet 2G and plusnet 3G (separately). When I select plusnet 3G it will confirm that I am being registered on it, but a few minutes later when I check the list of available networks it shows only plusnet 2G.

On the same page there is an option 'automatically choose preferred network'. When I select that option it will take me to another page where I have 'preferred networks' and 'preferred network type'.

'Preferred network' option prompts me to  complete 2 fields:

(a) 'network ID' - where a 5 digit ID must be entered

(b) 'network type' - where I need to tick one or both 2G and 3G.

Both (a) and (b) must be completed and saved for the option 'Preferred network' to be able to select 2G or 3G.

IF the sim card is dictating the configuration of the phone than should it not be sorted out by the OS?

Unfortunately the parameters cannot be entered manually at the moment because the network ID cannot be found on the internet.

Tags (1)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

he issue is that the list of available networks displayed by the phone shows plusnet  3G, and sometimes plusnet 2G and plusnet 3G (separately). When I select plusnet 3G it will confirm that I am being registered on it, but a few minutes later when I check the list of available networks it shows only plusnet 2G.

That sounds like youre in a poor coverage area for 3g and so the phone is reverting to the 2g signal

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pj56

thank you for the comment Smiley

I need to try a different place to test the phone