Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet Hub One

@Azzer31
It could depend on what Cabinet you are on (ECI or Huawei) and what brand of Modem you currently have? As well as what Fibre Profile you currently have?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Azzer31 If you were on up to 80 previously you do realise that your download will drop to up to 40 and your upload will be 1/10 of the current speed (up to 2)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Azzer31

spoon whittler - I'm still on Unlimited Fibre Extra so my service should not change from up to 78M download speed and up to 19M upload speed - as far as I understood its just a discounted price for me to sign up for another 24 months or am I missing something?
Thanks
adie:quote
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You spoke about "Fibre Unlimited" not "Unlimited Fibre Extra" which is why the point was raised. I would still suggest you check exactly what you think you are getting, we've seen some posts where people have not ended up with what they thought they were getting Shocked
Azzer31

Sorry my mistake but good point I will do that know!
I don't want to be getting a reduced speed as the basis of the discount they gave me!!
Smiley
AndyDane
Dabbler

My hub makes a weird buzzing noise, is this normal?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mine doesn't, so I suspect not.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
AndyDane
Dabbler

It's odd, doesn't do it all the time, and isn't the kind of buzzing I'd associate with an electrical fault, but when it does buzz, it's quite loud! Connection all seems fine though, but I'll raise a ticket.
dick:quote
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

is it the router or the PSU ?
is it s a sort of zzzzzap type noise or more of an electric light hum, if you shake the router during the "noisy" period does its operational status change (wifi /sync /power dropping ?)
some part of it is probably faulty but knowing which part might indicate a bigger problem that could soon become more widespread or might be limited to a certain batch group or be down to something else specific to how you setup and operate it.
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Reminds me of this old thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,114585.0.html
Any similarities?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
AndyDane
Dabbler

It's definitely the router, I have an intelligent battery charger that makes a pulsing sound when it charges, and the router makes a sound similar to that. It's not a buzz as such, it sounds more like some of the big trucks reversing (the ones that have that weird noise instead of a beep)., although obviously not as loud Smiley
AndyDane
Dabbler

Quote from: w23
Reminds me of this old thread: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,114585.0.html
Any similarities?

Nah that appears to be a different issue, this noise isn't high pitched. I'm going to try and record it tonight.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: AndyDane
It's definitely the router, I have an intelligent battery charger that makes a pulsing sound when it charges, and the router makes a sound similar to that. It's not a buzz as such, it sounds more like some of the big trucks reversing (the ones that have that weird noise instead of a beep)., although obviously not as loud Smiley

do you mean the warbling tone ?

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Maybe like this: https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/Noisy-Home-Hub-5/td-p/1140090 (remember the Hub One is the same hardware as BT Home Hub 5 (A))?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Maybe a loose screw???

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."