Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Plusnet Hub One

It should be the same as with a Openreach modem as in that a filtered faceplate will be fitted and any faulty internal wiring took out of the equation.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

but when you move to fully self install, there won't be a new faceplate installed or any internal wiring looked at.
so just wondered why it's still a manage install when no OR modem is being supplied.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's not possible for us to change any orders that are in place to a self install without cancelling them and replacing them.
Self Install will be coming for existing customers at some point.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

After the last reconnection and 2 ISP switches i'd rather an engineer come to the house anyway, last 3 times i was left with no internet due to the engineer not doing it correctly.
chenks76
All Star

Quote from: Matthew
It's not possible for us to change any orders that are in place to a self install without cancelling them and replacing them.
Self Install will be coming for existing customers at some point.

wait, so are you saying that existing customers will now get the Hub One?
and it's no longer restricted to new customers?
but for existing customers it'll still be a managed install.
but for new customers it'll be a self install?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@chenks76
Yes existing customers from today will get Hub Ones but this will be with a managed install.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chenks76
All Star

well at least that's one step forward i suppose.
shame a managed install is still being forced upon existing customers though, it would be nice if an existing customer could opt-out of the managed install if they asked.
there be may some (like me) who already have the filtered faceplate and internal wiring is perfect, and wouldn't want an openreach engineer coming and potentially messing it up.
also, not having to book time off work on the off chance they don't even turn up.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Not sure if relevant.
When I joined Plusnet Fibe over from BT Infinity, I got a text from my engineer the day beforehand and I had said to them not to come to the property as we have an Openreach modem and the router as well as the filtered faceplate. So not necessarily needed to come.
They said that was fine and will just do necessary works at the exchange to jump me over to Plusnet.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
kempsfarm1

Brilliant - Loyal PlusNet customers who pay there wages and have had no end of problems with the piece of shit Hub Zero/Openreach modem have been brushed under the carpet yet again - but new customers get something half decent !!!!!  - If I don't get a new Hub One free of charge now I will move and report them to offcom as I have been complaining about my fibre since i connected as my service is not fit for purpose under the new consumer rights act.  8 months in to a 18 month contact I wish I had never upgraded
dick:red Avoidance of swear filter edited as per forum rule.
Potaato

Quote from: kempsfarm1
... If I don't get a new Hub One free of charge now.....8 months in to a 18 month contact I wish I had never upgraded.

You will definitely not receive One for free, minimum cost is £6.99p for P&P, company policies if I'm not mistaken. They have no more obligations to provide further devices as they have already supplied one from initial subscription albeit not a very good device. You may purchase a Hub One for £99 + P&P IIRC.
The Hub One is a different kettle of fish from previous devices........hopefully.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,146331.msg1289530.html#msg1289530

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@kempsfarm1
Hi and welcome to the forum.
If you do return here,  could you start your own thread on the Fibre board and tell us some details about your problem
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Is this the router PN supply for FTTP ?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's for FTTC.
Azzer31

Interesting thread.
I got a call from Plunet yesterday, offered to give me a discount on my broadband if I re-signed for another 2 years.  They offered me a couple of quid off which I rejected and then dropped the price for Fibre Unlimited (I get "up to" 78M in theory) for £15 per month.  I asked if they had a new router as the one I have was rubbish to start with and was told I can get a new router, the Hub One for £6.99 to cover delivery if I ring Customer Services.  So I re-signed up for another 24 months as the service to be fair is pretty good, not sure it would be any worse and I like the fact its a UK help desk.
I then rang Customer Services and ordered my new router and its only costing me £6.99.  He also said this was available to existing subscribers and it wasn't related to my new contract.
It comes with instructions and no engineer visit needed and I can apparently ditch the existing BT Modem and Technicolour Router and just plug this one in.
I'm wondering if I am better off with the Hub One after reading all of your comments now  Undecided Undecided Undecided
bales1983
Grafter

To be fair the hub one seems ok to me, had my fibre enabled today and all running well Smiley