Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet Hub One

Quote from: nightstalk3r
So if this is a self install then why am i still being told i need to book an engineer visit...

Quote from: Chris
For new customers yes, upgrades at the moment still require an engineer and will receive the Hub Zero.

Regarding the address matching problem, probably an idea to get in touch with support if you haven't already.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

So if this is a self install then why am i still being told i need to book an engineer visit and thus can't actually upgrade to fibre because my address isnt listed in the list of address to choose from when booking the engineer?

Self-install has not yet been rolled out for upgrades, so if you are wanting to go from ADSL > Fibre it's an engineer visit still.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Ok so it's probably better to just go back to BT so i don't have to have an engineer that is 99% likely to not show up.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

An "A", in god's name no, surely? The "A" is as bad as an ECI modem for G.INP.
shure
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Self-install has not yet been rolled out for upgrades, so if you are wanting to go from ADSL > Fibre it's an engineer visit still.

I managed to arrange a self-install recently when upgrading from my 8Mbps ADSL Max connection to Fibre Extra.  I just told PN I had the latest faceplate installed and it was no problem
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Ok so it's probably better to just go back to BT so i don't have to have an engineer that is 99% likely to not show up.

Try to get a special offer from BT, then you could take up one of those special offers from Plusnet.
Indeed, you could bounce to and fro, just to save a few quid.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Quote from: vilefoxdemonofdoom

Try to get a special offer from BT, then you could take up one of those special offers from Plusnet.
Indeed, you could bounce to and fro, just to save a few quid.
Ended up just phoning plusnet and seeing what they could offer, ended up with £17.99 for 6 months on an 18 month contract for Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

that is a really rotten offer assuming you have their phone as well
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Im in a Non-low cost area, normal price is £27.49.
Adie:quote
shure
Grafter

I'm also in a Low Cost area where normal price for Extra is £27,49.  Got mine for £15 for two years
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Im in a Non-low cost area, normal price is £27.49.

It's still a rotten offer.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

yeah well the market pricing is a strange idea, screw those who through no fault of their own cant get a decent connection product and then overcharge them to cover the masess because there a captive market that generally cant afford to move..... you'd have thought they would of insisted that it was a single flat price all round but I guess Ofcom did what the money wanted rather than looking at the phone + bb as being a USO where only islands and highlands are penalised for being inaccessible with surcharges....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
The topic is the Hub One, please keep it on that topic. Thanks.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ad47uk
Grafter

Home hub 5 er?  I am so glad I am already a customer and get the modem and separate router set up. The home hub 5 is a awful router.
Timalay
Grafter

A bit of a bummer they bought this out now (after I've bought a Home Hub 5b).  Might still be interested if they allow it on fibre only contracts (and existing contracts).