cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Plusnet Hub One

it's very bright, lights the whole room when there is no other light source. But not too bad when there are other lights on.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There is a setting on the HH to set it at a lower level, haven't checked a Hub One. Have a look at >Settings >Hub Lights if it's there.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

i'm talking about when it's on the low light level Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Perhaps you need the expansion kit?

Grin

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anotherone
Champion

He could just unplug it  Tongue
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

For those who want to block out the LED light, for example too bright in their bedroom etc (like mine is)
I made a template which can be downloaded as a word document on the link below.

Simply print it off, fold the paper over so you got that thickness, cut the inner box out then fold it over so it can stand,
pop it where the centre panel is.  The inner cut out allows the user to see if they have a B light or WiFi WPS in action etc flashing.
Plusnet Hub One LED cover (ensure you click on the orange download button, then once countdown ends, click on download again.
I can now sleep at night  Grin
Hope this helps  Smiley
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
uvavu
Dabbler

Apologies if the following has already been asked. I am new here, about to have my Plusnet fibre internet enabled this week and have just received my Hub One Router.  Obviously I can't try it yet and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of technical information about it anywhere (let me know if this is not true BTW).
The main thing I am wondering at the moment is whether I can change the IP address of the router from its initial default. I'd like to set it to match my current ADSL router to avoid having to mess about with a few devices that rely on the current gateway address.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi uvavu.
Welcome to the forum. I haven't done a Plusnet Hub one, but it's supposedly the same at the BT Homehub. So disconnect your computer from your current modem/router (which you can be left connected to your line so you don't lose your current ADSL connection) and connect your computer to the Hub One which you can have already powered up.
Rebooting your computer is the easiest way for it to pick up the Gateway address of the Hub One etc once it's booted, but if you are on a Windows machine you can use ipconfig at a cmd prompt.
Log into the Hub One, and go to the >Advanced Settings tab then >Home Network >IP Addresses
You should find what you want there.
There a basic guide to the Hub One here
uvavu
Dabbler

^^
Thanks Anotherone. I should have thought to do that! Will give it a go!
core2lee91

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I for one, won't be prepared to change the software on the Hub One to OpenWRT.
So I'll stick to using my paper haha  Grin
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
angryrichard
Hooked

But you can't get hold of support....

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

The Hub one is rubbish.

You can't even specify DNS on it.

Nor can you specify a router address, a broadcast address or the internet mask.

You can't even control the logging level and you have no control over DHCP.

You can't even associate a MAC address with a PC name.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@Anotherone wrote:
Hi klerm, welcome to the forum.
If the manual says you can't configure the DNS settings, then you can't. This is also the case with BT's current Home Hubs.
The only way round the problem is to configure it as you have on each device..

Thats incorrect.

You can turn off DHCP on the router and stop using it for DNS resolution.

Install a DHCP and nameserver on another device (eg raspberry pi or a windows box thats on 24/7) and have that DHCP server issue IP addresses with the IP of your new nameserver. You can then configure your nameserver to use whatever external nameservers you want to use. This bypasses the +net router completely and means you won't have to manually configure every device on your network.

I've got a basic nameserver working myself (still need to work on the admin interface) and am currently working on the dhcp server. My reasons were to get around the domain name for virtual hosts issues on a LAN but it could also be used to deal with this very problem. I'll post when they're both ready for release.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

@VileReynard wrote:

The Hub one is rubbish.

.Nor can you specify a router address.

you have no control over DHCP.

You can't even associate a MAC address with a PC name. 

What the hell are you banging on about?

screenshot_658

Can't associate mac addresses with names? - Whats this then?:

screenshot_658

screenshot_662

It may not be the most reliable device but for features it knocks the socks off my old Cisco ADSL router. I think you need to stop spouting your mouth off foxy. You're slagging off plusnets pretty decent device for no good reason.

Sure the lack of custom DNS is a problem but you turn off the hubone dhcp and run your own DNS on a raspi and run a dhcp server alongside it to hand out IP addresses for devices - the dhcp packets carrying the ip addresses of nameservers to use. If you have a 24/7 windows box you can do the same there though free software versions are limited..but you could virtualise a linux distro and still do it.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!