Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One and Tenda Mesh MW6

FIXED
Amosocw74

Plusnet Hub One and Tenda Mesh MW6

Hi,

I've recently moved from a separate modem/router set up to using the Plusnet Hub One. The modem was an old Open Reach box and the router was one of the Tenda Mesh MW6 nodes.

I'd like to continue using the mesh system with the Plusnet Hub One. However, when I connect the first node directly to the Hub via one of the ethernet ports nothing happens.

I've noticed a couple of threads recommend turning off the wireless on the Hub, which I have done but the result is the same.

I'm assuming I may have to change some settings in the Tenda mobile app but it doesn't see the node.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

7 REPLIES 7
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Plusnet Hub One and Tenda Mesh MW6

@Amosocw74 since the Hub one is a modem and router, unlike the Openreach modem, you will need to disable the routing functionality of the MW6. Set it in AP mode as described here https://www.tendacn.com/uk/faq/3123.html

Although not absolutely necessary, Its probably a good idea to turn off the wifi on the Hub one to prevent interference with the MW6 mesh.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Amosocw74

Thanks MisterW. I appreciate your help with this.

The problem I've got is when I attach the Tenda node and go into the mobile app, I can't connect to the Tenda's wifi, nor can I see the node when connected to the wifi on the Plusnet Hub. 

I've attached an image of the Tenda app. I've also attached a pic of my wifi settings on my phone. The AlexHome is the Tenda node but it won't connect.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

We probably need to wait for someone more familiar with the Mw6 then.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Fix

I'm not familiar with them myself, but a couple of thoughts to add.  It could be that they have set themselves up with a fixed internal IP on a different subnet to that used by the Hub One.  The app might not be able to connect to them as they don't have internet access to communicate back to their cloud controller, which is why they aren't showing up.  Doing a factory reset and then setting them up again might solve it, if it is something like that.

Amosocw74

OK MisterW. Sounds good. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Amosocw74

Thanks PJ. That is definitely worth a try. It may be that the old settings are getting in the way of setting up new. I'll give it a go.

Amosocw74

I did the reset and it's worked. Thank you.